New Henry tactical lever action

Interesting to note all the folks getting worked up and bent out of shape about a term...
That I have yet to find in any of Henry's advertising for the Big Boy X.

Oops :p

Seems like a "tactical" lever action is a reasonable alternative to a semiautomatic carbine in a ban state.
If I were looking for my first firearm today, with all the looming 2A troubles...
I would likely invest in a 357 lever-gun and a companion revolver.

Even if I was forced to do so today, I wouldn't feel "under-gunned" in the slightest.
A lever-gun with an MRDS and WML is a devastatingly effective weapon in practiced hands.

Just found out about these, apparently they were at SHOT show last month, but this is news to me, so all the media at SHOT dropped the ball not covering this. I mean, this is big news, albeit expected news that Henry was making a side gate lever rifle in revolver calibers.

I'm fine with this, it's a lot better looking than the similar Mossberg lever action that looked like an abortion. The synthetic stock and fore-end are fine, I have a classic Big Boy and I'm scared to death of scratching up the stock, but with this I wouldn't care. The addition of rail for a light is nice.

The threaded barrel is a great feature to have, but I don't care about it. The biggest improvement is the fiber optic sights because traditional sights on lever actions just suck.

Will I buy one? I've had a .45 Colt Rossi on the list for a while now and given I know the action can handle the Ruger only .45 power levels, I'm still going to get that, but for .357/.38? I would rather get the Henry as the barrels are likely more accurate.

With how semi auto guns have become the new machine gun to anti's, it's good to have alternative options for home defense should a ban come down in the future. A lever action rifle is no joke and until somebody starts making pump action centerfire rifles for under a grand, the lever is the way to go.

“I would rather get the Henry as the barrels are likely more accurate.”

I have to agree. I recently mounted a scope on my new Henry side gate 30-30. I’ve been overlapping in the bull’s-eye at 100 yards with factory ammo. Needless to say, I think this rifle is ready for deer season at the end of this year.

I’m new to Henry rifle’s and I’m very impressed with the quality of this firearm. Some people scoff at the price but I have to say, at $850 out the door.. I consider this rifle a bargain especially since it’s American made! I should also note that their customer service is equally impressive. Thus far, all inquiries have been responded to almost instantaneously… How nice is that!

0bd895a8-6bf0-47e4-b00c-e686e390d68d.jpeg

794ccf0c-fbf3-4c79-8ccb-018053567f19.jpeg

559fdb7c-e5ee-4e1a-aec0-35bc4055f011.jpeg

https://youtu.be/eD2NTvrgS4A

A video was just released today on YouTube featuring this rifle. Seems like a great idea to offer a tactical lever action when there are so many restrictions now on many other tactical assault weapons. It’s being offered in the hard-hitting 45–70 government round along with the other calibers listed below in the picture.

35dd0d07-6a1f-4725-b4d8-ba7e1f0ac116.jpeg

e1b8817a-9db7-46e8-9f23-405da1ee67bc.jpeg

2e420223-e7e7-4955-942e-369030ba8f35.jpeg
It has tied with the tactical Marlin for ugliest firearm of the century.

Some enlightening comments here. I have a Win Mod 94 in 30-30, two Henry's, both Big Boy's with 20" barrels. One .357/.38spl, the other in .45 Colt. Oh, and one Marlin, a 39A. All are very nice indeed with the Henry's having a better fit and finish. All are accurate as they are scoped. I like 'em all. If the "purists" out there don't like Henry's, don't buy them.
It really is that simple. My next lever rifle is going to be a Rossi '92. Hope that doesn't bother any one.

I ordered a Henry X .357. UPS tracking says it will be delivered to my dealer tomorrow. Can’t wait, I’m getting a little giddy this evening , anticipating sending lead down the 17.3” pipe tomorrow!!

Most of the time, I have to live in and deal with with this modern world. When I actually get to break away from it and hit the woods, I want my rifle to be free of ultra-modern, tacticool B.S. as well. To heck with plastic stocks, pick-your-nose rails, bipods, GPS. etc. When we go into the Wilderness, can't we be just a little bit primitive? Too much technology compromises the wilderness.

I can admire what Henry did here, it’s a niche but it’s a niche that it can be filled. I’m especially interested in the X model in .357 with some of my cast trailboss loads and my Octane 45 on the barrel.

X

I’m enjoying my model X in 357 magnum. It pairs good with my Dan Wesson 8”.

I’ve been shooting Missouri bullets 158 gr SWC Hi-Tex, with CFE, and H110 powders.

I currently own 4 Henry rifles and you can't go wrong no matter what you go with, the quality and fit/finish is second to none. I prefer my lever guns in wood but its your gun, get what suites you. I toyed with the idea of getting that Marlin thing a couple years ago but after handling one I changed my mind.

In some firearms polymer and plastic just seem to fit. Henry's deserve walnut. My $0.02

My first thoughts were, why go with the reduced capacity and shorter barrel. But then I noticed the side loading gate and got to thinking, this thing could be interesting and fun. At this point I’m not really looking to add anything to my current armory, but if I didn’t already have a BBS in .357 I’d be tempted to add this one. I could see this with a red dot and a suppressor. Hmmmm, maybe I do have room for one more in the safe.

I'm glad I'm not the only one that thinks that the whole tactical and lever action is stupid.

There is nothing tactical about a lever action rifle and it's just another stupid marketing tool some fan boy thought up.

One of these days the whole tacti-fool everything will go away, seems like it can't happen fast enough!
This ^^^^. Very true.

Back