New Henry tactical lever action

musicmatty

https://youtu.be/eD2NTvrgS4A

A video was just released today on YouTube featuring this rifle. Seems like a great idea to offer a tactical lever action when there are so many restrictions now on many other tactical assault weapons. It’s being offered in the hard-hitting 45–70 government round along with the other calibers listed below in the picture.

35dd0d07-6a1f-4725-b4d8-ba7e1f0ac116.jpeg

e1b8817a-9db7-46e8-9f23-405da1ee67bc.jpeg

2e420223-e7e7-4955-942e-369030ba8f35.jpeg

Last edited:
Are you familiar with the 464 SPX from Mossberg? This Henry is much better looking, but not nearly as tactical. My opinion based only on the picture...I haven't watched the video yet.

Last edited:
Didn't notice the M-Lok slots til I watched the video.

Imagine the irony of a Nation, reduced to straightwall caliber leverguns, that has to fight their tyrannical government with a heavy hitting round with the word "government" in it's name.

No tac rail on the receiver? No ghost ring?

The forend is neat. Beats Marlin's plain painted wood forend on their tactical model.

NOPE ! Sorry but i'm a Henry "purist". That variant is just too "Tacti-stupid" IMO , Henry should stay with "classic" and they do this very well currently.

The purpose of the tactical line seems to be mainly for that rail underneath which means lever action for home defense is again safer in terms of target identification with the light. Otherwise the classic needs little upgrading in terms of why folks love the Henry’s so much. I have a love affair with every rifle I have built so far but the passion for a classic lever action “as is” cannot be compared. Maybe it’s all those years as a kid growing up pretending I was cowboy riding shotgun on a stage coach fending off would be thieves and cutthroats.

I was happy to see RPP produce a railed/mlock fore-end for the 1894 and other Marils...
Until I saw that they plastered their logo all over it.
If they had simply used a nice texture/checkering, I would have bought several.
But I refuse to pay nearly $300 to advertise for them.
I loath when manufactures do such. :mad:

RPP1894.jpg

Henry's forte is classic firearms. I will continue to support Henry through my purchases, but not by acquiring these sort of guns.

NOPE ! Sorry but i'm a Henry "purist". That variant is just too "Tacti-stupid" IMO , Henry should stay with "classic" and they do this very well currently

Why? They still build classic rifles why not add some variety for other buyers. I tend to agree that I like a classic lever gun but if it puts more viable choices into more legal hands I say rock on and bring on the tactical buffalo gun. :)

The lever action is a 19th Century Assault rifle. Just ask the assorted natives of the Plains Nations.
However, putting that silly sight on it does not make it "Tactical". (That word being a marketing term only.) Anything that's 'tactical' requires velcro.

Lever action is my personal choice for a rifle and I’m no stranger to lever actions. However, I’m new to Henry rifles and love my new side gate model.

I see no foul in making a lever action that can be equipped with special optics and laser lights and flashlights or whatever else that is targeted to those specific buyers. Why should Henry sit on the sidelines when everyone else is manufacturing these types of rifles?

It all comes down to the eyes of the beholder. Say what you want about all the tactical Nuances… But one thing that can’t be argued is that Henry makes one helleva rifle

NOPE ! Sorry but i'm a Henry "purist". That variant is just too "Tacti-stupid" IMO , Henry should stay with "classic" and they do this very well currently.

Henry doesn't make a single "classic" lever action, this is why I won't buy one. Every single one of them strays from tradition. This is no less classic than anything else they make.

But I'm not interested. I can do a lot better for a lot less money.

Sorry but i'm a Henry "purist".
Hahahaha! "Henry" and "purist" in the same sentence! Hahahahahaha!
Henry's forte is classic firearms.
Hahahahaha! Please!! You guys are killing me! Hahahaha!
Henry doesn't make a single "classic" lever action
Bingo!!

Went to the range last week with a Henry owner (44 Mag Big Boy). I brought my original 1892 and 1873 Winchesters. He was BAFFLED at how to load them!! When I showed him, he asked if that was a newer thing than the Henrys. :eek: I explained that the Henry was the aberration, not the Winchesters. He really liked the 1873 and the 1892, but he said he wanted more weight than that for the 44 Magnum (because it kicks so hard, you know). The 1873 is heavier than the Henry by a bit (we didn't weigh them, just by feel), just better balanced. By the end of the range session, he was digging on the 1873. The 1892 is pretty, just daintier than the Big Boy (silly me, whenever I hear Big Boy I think of hamburgers!!).

For those of us who ARE purists, Henrys look like a pimple on a prom queen. They are clunky, heavy, raspy rough, and gaudy. And now with plastic stocks!! But they do have a cool name!

QUOTE[ For those of us who ARE purists, Henrys look like a pimple on a prom queen. They are clunky, heavy, raspy rough, and gaudy. And now with plastic stocks!! But they do have a cool name! ]

Wow.. That’s pretty harsh criticism and purely subjective. As a proud Winchester owner of both rifles and shotguns, I finally ventured out and climbed aboard the Henry train. You claim the Henry is clunky… Do you really own a model 94?

I own a few model 94s and love them but they are clunky. The new Henry side gate is not even close to being clunky. My new Henry is approximately a half a pound heavier then each of my model 94s ..so I don’t think that classifies it as a heavy rifle… Just heavier.

I’m not too stubborn or proud to admit that in my opinion the new Henry is a better quality rifle than all my 94s. And why not with today’s technology and machine work that will allow for tighter clearances and tolerances to produce something that’s much more precise. Also, there’s nothing raspy and rough about the action on this new Henry. It’s smoother than any lever action I’ve had my hands on. Please spare us all the tired arguments about the pre-64 model 94s. :cool:

I’m not going to debate this any further to go into a pissing match. However, as a Winchester owner and someone who does love my Winchesters very much, I do have something to crow about with this new Henry and proud to do it :)

1969 Winchester
3f980d5b-1519-4225-92f9-b548dcefaf2f.jpeg

Henry side gate
671dcf33-b235-472a-91e5-c8c3a534cb07.jpeg

Last edited:
Do you really own a model 94?
I own several 1894 rifles, the oldest made in 1895, the newest made in 1912. If the only 94 you have as a comparison is that "Centennial Commemorative", I can see why you might think a Henry is better. Henrys are essentially copies of Marlin lever actions, most of the parts interchange. I have customers who bought Henrys to replace their Marlins for hunting but have since gone back to their Marlins. But hey, your rifle, you choice. I won't argue about personal taste. My comments above were purely about Henrys and traditional lever actions.

I'm glad I'm not the only one that thinks that the whole tactical and lever action is stupid.

There is nothing tactical about a lever action rifle and it's just another stupid marketing tool some fan boy thought up.

One of these days the whole tacti-fool everything will go away, seems like it can't happen fast enough!

I was just shooting my Henry .22 lever action carbine today... no, it's not an 1873 or a 92, (nor is it "Tactical"), but what a slick shooting little .22! Accurate, lightweight, fast, beautifully constructed wood and steel. Hard not to cherish an American made .22 lever action, even if it isn't "Traditional". :rolleyes:
I have ZERO interest in the Tactical version... looks foolish to me :D

Back