New "free for all" pic thread.

Python

PythonAfter3of9.jpg

PythonAfter4of9.jpg

Is there an "AA" equivalent for us gun-owners? Threads like these give me that "junkie-like" feeling where I just gotta have more ;). Man could go broke if he acted on even the smallest percentage of his inclinations...

Seriously though, I love guns first and foremost because I love my (our) Country and it's beloved Constitution which absent arms would not exist--That said, I am a "modest" collector for the secondary reason of their utter and glorious beauty.

Amazing pics!

I have to say the Bersa is a good little gun. The first gun I purchased after I got my CCW. I just wish 380 ammo wasn't so dang hard to find.
P

Quadpod88,
I don't know where you can get one (as seen in post #80).
Here is what it is supposed to be:

120 Bore Belgian Pin-Fire Six-Shot Double-Action Knife-Revolver
Dated: circa 1865-70
Place of production: Liege, Belgium
art-of-swords-120-bore-belgian-pin-fire

First ever handgun, hopefully the first of many.

Stoeger Cougar 8040F (.40S&W)

IMG_20130312_110017_zps00eaa094.jpg

Good choice. Made on the exact same tooling as a Beretta design that retailed for $600+. It's a Beretta for $200 less :)

Run it with a visible sheen of lubrication, not dry. My buddy with the 9mm Cougar got jams until I lubed it for him and showed him how. Flawless since. My Beretta PX4 .40, based on the same design, is 5 years flawless thanks to being well lubricated.

I like to soak all the slide parts and frame rails - most importantly contact surfaces - in Breakfree CLP for about 3 hours every few range trips, and after wiping the excess CLP free adding a drop of oil to each slide rail. The CLP soak imparts a great lubricious quality that lasts well.

Thanks for the info, I use a visable sheen on every place except the outside of the slide as my hands end up there quite often. Everything interior so the gun has a good visable coat, without being too heavy lubricated to foul the gun.

I also used actual gun grease on the slide rails.

Thanks for the info, I use a visable sheen on every place except the outside of the slide as my hands end up there quite often. Everything interior so the gun has a good visable coat, without being too heavy lubricated to foul the gun.

I also used actual gun grease on the slide rails.

You're all aces. A well-internally-lubricated Beretta design will run like a Swiss watch.

Nothing personal Rabbitt - I really dislike you right now!!! At first I saw you had quite a few Sig's and Kimber's. Then you had to bust out the R1 Zombie!!! Now I have to find one!!!!!! Nice overall lol.

Back