New Charter Arms Revolvers (aka the .45 Colt Bulldog thread)

Yeah...BUT...the .45 is on a larger frame...not the same size as the .44.
I heard that too, but we'll see how much larger the frame is. I don't think a 1/16 of an inch in every dimension is too much of an increase in size to make it detestable compared to the .44 Bulldog.

Also, it looks like both the .41 Mag and the .45 Colt are using the same frame and I wonder if the frame was designed around .45 Colt and .41 Mag was adapted to it or if it was the other way around.

and they also got a .41 Magnum they're coming out with but who cares about that?
Me do!!!!
Always been an interesting round to me, but I don't have anything chambered for it. A CA Bulldog sounds perfect for it!

Yes, the 45ACP Pitbull has a larger diameter cylinder and larger frame than the 44Spl Bulldog - I was hoping that Charter Arms would consider making it in 45Colt if the cylinder was long enough. I reload for both 45 cartridges so I was considering the Pitbull 45ACP, but 45Colt would very very nice - just have to keep my Ruger loads out of it.. OTOH, 41Magnum would be pretty nice, too!

i'm interested in the 41 magnum...i dont have one now and have been looking around for one for a while that doesnt cost an arm and a leg.

^That PDX1 load is probably the best .45 Colt self defense ammo one can get because it is a guaranteed expander and won't overpenetrate.

However, when it comes to .45 Colt in a short barrel, I think a full wadcutter is not to be overlooked. Yes, accuracy will likely suck past 25 yards, but in such a short barrel, I doubt anybody will be taking shots any further than that.

I agree, just listing other options as PDX1 can be tough to find for a decent price. I'm pretty sure that when Winchester made it, they made it with the Taurus Judge and its long cylinder and short barrel in mind. It's amazing to think that the bullet still expands even out of the Public Defender!

Charter will have in production 4 small frame ( when compared to other manufacturers) big bores , 44 spl , 45acp , 45 Colt & 41 mag ... 22 - 24 oz

Back