New ccw semi auto 9mm

One more suggestion from a fellow BHP shooter, ammo.crafter. CZ P-07. It feels as good in my hand as does the Hi-Power.

This is a very good recommendation.

The P-07 comes with an included swappable manual safety that will allow for a similar manual of arms to the Hi Power.

I own more than one Hi Power, as well as a P-07, and I honestly find the P-07 to be softer-shooting, better feeling in the hand, and more accurate for me than the Hi Power. The stock trigger feel is serviceable, but is superior to a stock Hi Power trigger.

I have seen P-07s for under $400 new, and CZ P10C mags are compatible and inexpensive. About the only negative vs the Hi Power is the chunkier shape and feel of the slide, though that may be more an issue of perception vs. reality.

SIG P365, get the 12 round magazines.....

And don't look back. It has the capacity of your Hi-Power in a much smaller, lighter, and more concealable package. The P365 shoots like the larger pistol you are used too as well and comes with excellent night sights standard.

Weight comparison:

Browning Hi-Power = 32 oz Unloaded

CZ p07 = 27.7 oz Unloaded

SIG P365 = 17.8 oz Unloaded or 45% lighter than your Hi Power

Loaded with 11 rounds the P365 = 21.7 oz or 21% lighter than an empty CZ p07

Food for thought

With that price range you can easily get a Glock 43 or Sig P365. More importantly, it’s going to come down to what fits your hand the best. The new Glock 43X in silver / black is about the same price as regular Glock 43. If you want solid black then you got to spend a little more for the solid black 43X. Yes, a glock 19 is nice too. If you got a small build / physique and like to wear small / tight fitted clothes then stick to a sub compact. At least here in Las Vegas, NV you can get those models between $480.00 and $500.00. Depends on the store you go to.

I have a few SD9VE made by S&W. Good reliable accurate defensive arm.

Most people bitch about the trigger, but I DO NOT want a light trigger on a defensive firearm. The trigger can be learned on any firearm if you shoot it enough.

Prices were all less than $300 at Academy.

Just to note, the wife chose this gun over all the others that were in stock, without prompts from me.

My thoughts were that if I were ever unfortunate enough to have to use it for defensive purposes, the LEOs would take a cheaper firearm from me than one of my more expensive semi-autos.
My first carry gun was a S&W SD9VE. It is the same size and weight of a Glock 19 for under $300. It is accurate and reliable but I wanted something a little smaller. I then bought a Taurus TCP that weighted a little over 10 ounces but while reliable, it was hard to shoot and I was not accurate with it. I then bought a Taurus PT-111 G2 (now G2C) that is about the same size as the SD9VE but with a shorter barrel that makes it a better carry gun. It is more accurate for me and as with the SD9VE, it has been totally reliable. In my quest to get the "perfect" gun for me, I bought a Taurus 605 5 shot snub nose revolver in 357 Magnum. It hides good and I am most comfortable with it but it really gets your attention if you shoot 357 Magnum in it and it is an up close and personal kind of gun.

If you're not done with taking suggestions, I'm sold with my Walther P99 AS compact.
The compact mags hold 10 rounds. Or, I can use a mag sleeve and run full size 15 round magazines if I want. The grip is terrific.
For a single stack to carry in summer, I tried the Walther PPS (mod 1) b/c it shared the same lever-style mag release and it turned out to be very accurate as well.

I hear that the PPS, mod 2 has a better grip and a button-style magazine release.

I had the Shield and I now have the Sig P365!
Also if you like a Manual Safety (MS) the P365 is coming with a MS in 2019.

Lot's of recommendations but no matter what we say you know that it is ultimately you that needs to find the gun that you will feel comfortable with.

Whichever CCW / EDC that you are leaning towards..
If you can Go to a Range and rent them.
Once you shoot hem you will know right off which one you like.

Good luck and enjoy the search...

I had the chance to handle a Sig P365 a cpl of days ago at Cabelas...~$529 IIRC and really liked the pistol. Being a long-time 1911 guy and accustomed through long use to that slab sided grip, both angle & feel, I usually find most Sigs a bit too round, but those on the P365 feel great.

The gun had a business like presence in my hand. Call it whatever you like, the unique combination of barrel length, steel frame, thin single stack magazine and grip angle really make it a stand-out for me. Can't remember ever having picked up a new offering and being immediately taken with the ergonomics.

My only concern at this point, is the DAO trigger...Cabelas will not take the trigger lock off! The clerk explained that it was due to the Bass Pro Shop policies...and that's a deal breaker for me...I'll not buy a gun from them so long as it's in effect.

After a year of Beta testing done by early buyers, it should be good to go now, and based on Sig's reputation for customer service, I'd bet they'd take good care of you if any problem arose. BTW, Hickok45 did a half hour video on it that's worth checking out...and it wasn't negative.

I'm in the market for one, as I write this, and hope that my local cop-shop can get me a better deal than Cabelas. That said, Gunbroker prices, for the most part, are within $10-$20 of the Cabela price. With a capacity of 10+1, albeit in 9mm, and Sig's version of tritium night sights, IMHO & for my hands, it's about perfect for concealed carry.

Best Regards, Rod

Spats has a good list, but I would add the Walther CCP M2 and PPX to that. Those have differing operating systems and hence trigger pull, which is why Walther has both in the lineup. These are the lower-priced models from Walther.

My personal choice in that size is the CZ P-10C. However I am having a hard time selling off the Glock G19 Gen 4. It is such a nice pistol and I improved the sights and trigger into the "just right" category.

Bart Noir
Bart.

Do not sell off your Gen 4 Glock 19!!! That is my every day carry. With a 4.5 lb trigger.
TruGlo night sights, factory slide lock extended (release!) flush butt plug. And sliced the corner off the extended mag release, it dug into my second finger.

By the way I have 4 of them.

Back