New ccw semi auto 9mm

I have or have shot about every one of the smaller carry pistols and if the OP does not want to go as small as a micro I would echo those who recommended the Shield....probably there is not a better pistol in its class.
For SA carry my favorites are the Sig P938 or Kimber Micro 9, going smaller the Sig P 238 or Kimber Micro 9....I very much like my Glock 42 but detest the 43 as uncomfortable to shoot, lacks natural pointing and accuracy not as good as the others in it’s size. All personal opinion from actual use.

Kahr CW9. Small, but not so small you can't shoot it well, light and thin. No outside furniture (besides the slide stop.)

Ruger SR9C is one of the most underrated carry guns IMO and can be found pretty darn cheap.

If you want to go a little smaller, Sig P365 or a S&W Shield are good choices. I'd put an apex in the shield if you go that route.

Not a Glock guy here, but the 43 is another good option if you're a fan. I'm sure a 19 would work as well. Good luck.

Lots of recommendations for the smaller, or smallest 9MM pistols. But don't overlook the compact size either. Still having the capacity of your Hi Power, but weighing considerably less.
In that light, in addition to the Sig P365, take a look at tye P320 Compact. Even the Carry model that has the shorter barrel and slide of the Compact with the full size grip frame and magazine.

One more suggestion from a fellow BHP shooter, ammo.crafter. CZ P-07. It feels as good in my hand as does the Hi-Power.

S&W M&P 9 compact.

My EDC and I dont even notice it. Hi capacity,
Interchangeable grip panels to fit your hand

I got mine new for 375 out the door. Comes with 2 mags and 3 grip panels.

ammo.crafter, The polymer autos are certainly little and light, but I haven't gone there, and probably won't. When I carry a 9MM semi-auto, instead of a little 38 or 9mm revolver, more often than not it's a S&W 3913. Certainly not the smallest, lightest, highest capacity or tacticoolest little pistol available, but small enough for me and my lifestyle.....ymmv

BTW, Might a small revolver be considered? I have found those little revolvers to be very convenient for carry.

Attachments

• little.JPG
    little.JPG
    114.4 KB · Views: 24
I like the Glock line-up, there is something for everyone, double stack, single stack, full size, mid size, and compact. some even say the S&W shield comes in at a distant 2nd place if you like that sorta thing.

Try the SIG P938. Based on the Colt Mustang , only in 9mm. 6 + 1, or 7 + 1 with the extended magazine . Small enough to disappear in a pocket ... with a proper holster, of course.

I carry the Colt New Agent , not produced any longer , I love the gun . The Colt Defender is the same with original sights . Worth a look .

I find all these post amusing. So many guns recommended. For myself, it was a rather long journey trying to find the right Micro9mm. Spent more than 6 months shooting every thing I could get my hands on. I belong to a club and we share a lot of guns, so that helped. I also rented many. Then slowly narrowed it down and would shoot them side by side.
In the end, I finally found the perfect gun for myself. Yes, it took time and money, but the trip was well worth the cost.
For me, it is the best shooter out there. Love the trigger, the build quality, and minimal recoil and muzzle flip. Just a shear pleasure to shoot.
But what is perfect for me, may not be perfect for you. You have to do this on your own.

Grand Power P1 MK12 9MM or P1 Mk12 Ultra. It's a compact, poly-frame 9mm, but with traditional hammer, da/sa with a drop-safety. For those who don't like the Glock-style striker fired guns.

I like the M&P 9 compact. It is a daily carry for me. It shoots well and hides in my front pocket with a Sticky holster.

Along the lines of what Carl said, I highly recommend getting your hands on and shooting everything you're looking for with your requirements. For me, I was looking for a single stack 9mm, manual thumb safety, and very thin. I've selected the p938 for my purpose and right now I'm still working through breaking it in, but it looks good so far. My previous carry was perfect for all of those, but would choke on winchester white box. It never failed with hollow point ammunition, but I wanted something reliable with whatever it shot. Hence the switch.

It took awhile to get to which new ccw I was going to go with, though, so my recommendation is to also go handle everything you can, shoot everything you can, narrow down your list of requirements, and then pull the trigger. Metaphorically and literally. ;)

Back