Need list of .32 DA/SA revolvers made for the past 70 years

Listen to Driftwood here, he is spot on. Prior to the Police Positive Colt made the Colt New Pocket which would fire if dropped on the hammer. As much as I love the Police Positive I would have to advise noobies to buy a post war S&W if they just want a 32 to shoot. You can find them in the $300 area sometimes. Colt parts are hard to get and Coltsmiths are rare and busy. The 38 special is by far the best centerfire revolver round to start with. Ammo is available and cheap, the guns are available and cheap and it is an effective round that is fairly easy to shoot.

Holy cow, this Heritage .32 Rough Rider with the bird's head grip and the short barrel is crazy awesome. It points and handles so well I've almost been unable to put it down since I picked it up today. It's a tad bigger than the snub .32's I was interested in, but it's not that much bigger.

I think this is a far better buy than the H&R 732 or Charter .32 are selling for these days and am very happy with this purchase.

Intend to use as a plinker to test reloads in and use as a stashed home defense gun hidden in a hiding place.

Testing reloads for what other gun? Not making sense of this. Why not have a quality gun in a quick-access lock up and in a more serious caliber? My lockup bedroom gun is a 4" Glock 40 S&W with light and laser sight.

I paid dearly for my Smith 30-1 and don't expect many others are remotely comparable.

Now that you like the Heritage so much, you wouldn't care to have that one stolen either, so price is merely economics and a rush toward gratification of a desire for a new gun. Seems like you did, however, do a good job of meeting your criteria.

I.N.A (Brazil I think) made one.

Don't know how many are around but they made a six shot .32 S&W and a five shot .38.

IIRC they were commonly called the "Tiger" revolver because they had a tiger stamped on the side-plate.

1) Colt Police Positive( not the Police Positive Special) The PP's made between sometime in the 1920s and the start of WWII are the very best 32's I have encountered.

If I was asked to name the "very best 32s I have encountered", it would doubtless be the fine Smith & Wesson K-32; a revolver designed for Bullseye competition, a shooting sport where extreme accuracy is the only goal.

Back