Need Help Identifying a Jungle Carbine.

gvel..Is Golden State or Sante Fe in small letters on barrel?

Neither. Other than the original Lithgow markings, all it has are the words "Jungle Rifle" deeply engraved on the left side of the receiver, and is painted with OD green paint.

It is one of the more elegantly done phonies that I have seen, as it more closely resembles a real jungle carbine than some of the others done on No. 1 actions.

Seeing as how it was done on a Lithgow, I was wondering if it was some kind of Australian commercial venture from the 60s or 70s.

Tikirocker:

The area is smaller than I suggested. My memory was faulty. When you look directly at the small area of the screw, just Forward of the magwell, the metal edge of the #4 follows the exact outline/shape of the wood.

This is not the case with either of my original "Jungles". Put one of each side by side and you will see the difference.
My previous description stated that the difference was along the full contour of the magwell, but I had forgotten.

It is really subtle, because that small metal area barely Forward of the magwell is not something that people normally compare, and it was strange that it was noticed.

Back