NAA .22LR Mini

The only way to carry the NAA Mini-Revolver. :)

NAA%20Buckle%20Mini.jpg

Right now the "Thad Rykba" leather...

..holsters for Mini revolvers are on sale on the NAA website. You can get one for $18.00+S&H. They usually cost over $30.00! The little holsters are wet molded for a perfect fit and have a little "snap" pouch for a reload. That price can't be beat.

KR

I believe that sale is over January 1. NAA has different items on sale each month. I bought an extra pocket holster for my magnum, during this sale, and put it away for when the one that I currently carry gets old. Also bought one for my .22 lr. mini. Can't beat the price. Well made holster. Still time to place an internet order.

7TH Fleet,

I am with you on that one. I dont see how these things can be in any way user friendly in alife and death struggle. Difficult to manipulate in a high stress situation it seems whcih would probably make it even dangerous in some situations. I also would say get a p-32 :p
Guess I am just gonna make friends all over the place here. :eek:

Swatman...

Nobody here is going to come down on you for saying you'd prefer a P-32. I have a P-32 also. When I have to go "downtown" every three weeks for a haircut, I have a large caliber on my hip (covered by a sweater), a P-32 (or one of the other small pocket pistols) in one pocket and the "last ditch" Mini in another pocket.
If I go down, I'm going down swinging!

KR

Holsters w/NAA mini?

I used to carry a NAA Mini in .22LR as a backup/anywhere gun. However, I do NOT carry it loose in my pocket anymore! I usually wear loose-fitting casual pants (Dockers, etc.) and the gun can FALL OUT OF YOUR POCKET when you sit down. The first time I got up from a chair and saw the revolver lying in the crease between the back of the chair and the seat cushion was a scary moment. Fortunately, I was at home, but what if I had been at a doctor's office or a restaurant? Worse, what if the gun fell out in a public place and I didn't notice, and left?

For this reason, I believe that a pocket holster is a much better choice, unless you are wearing tight-fitting jeans or something. The holster also allows a much faster draw since you don't have to fish around for the gun's grip.

Just my $0.02.

benEzra

P-32 is okay if you have lucked out and got one of the ones that works or sent yours back to the factory three or four times to get the bugs worked out. I have one that works but I still prefer the NAA Guardian over it. The ONLY thing that is in the P-32's favor is its light weight. Amazingly, some guys who preach the virtues of all-steel 1911's and rant about what an unreliable POS the AR-15 is, find anything heavier than the P-32 so onerous a burden that they are willing to give up reliability in order to save a few ounces. My P-32 has a crummy trigger, mediocre accuracy even for a pocket gun, and a grip too narrow to fit my hand properly. In additon, a shooting buddy has a P-32 that I've shot which has never worked properly from day 1.

If you think your P32 has lousy accuracy, and a poor grip fit, do you seriously think the NAA mini-revolver has better accuracy of a better fitting grip???

I have a P-32, a Guardian, and two mini-revolvers. The minis are far more trustworthy guns, in my experience, than the P-32. People who are P-32 evangelists almost always want to push the ideas of lightness and locked breech. Lightness is immaterial in a gun that can't be trusted to fire or to hold up under enough practice firing to gain proficiency. Likewise, in a round as anemic as the .32 acp, locked breech firing is immaterial. Historically, such low pressure rounds are most frequently used in blowback arms for a reason: locked breeches are needlessly complicated and expensive to manufacture for them. Keltec is a company that, apparently, tries to reduce expense by having little to no quality control. Out of all their products, their nines appear to be the closest to a reliably good product. Everything else, especially the P-32, is luck of the draw. So, if I have the choice of two guns with lousy triggers and accuracy, I'll take the more reliable of the two...in this case an NAA mini. The mini is even lighter and smaller than the P-32, trumping it on its main selling points. An NAA Guardian is a better choice than either. In any case, buy what you want, it is still a somewhat free country. My main point is that I take great amusement from the "1911 and M-14" subset of members who preach the virtue of those weapons but yet carry a turd like the P-32 in real life.

The smallest concealed carry gun that I feel completely comfortable with is my .38 J frame model 638. Unfortunately because of my usual mode of dress and the places that I go, the .38 is not concealable enough. I have owned the P-32 and the NAA Guardian. Both of mine had reliability problems. After several trips to the factory for each of them, the problems were fixed, but I didn't trust them any more. My NAA .22lr. and .22 magnum revolvers are very reliable, and very easy to conceal. They are built to last a lifetime, and have a warranty to back it up. They are my first choice for discreet carry.

Back