NAA 22LR After 3 months finally its mine

My kids got me the basic Rosewood version in .22lr as a Fathers' Day gift a few years back. We all love plinking with that little thing. .22lr is cheap and plentiful where we live, and the slow reloading process means that 100 rounds lasts a long time. I do not carry the NAA for self-defense, but the kids and I still love to test our skills with it whenever we head out to the family land. I wouldn't be surprised if the kids wind up fighting for it when I'm gone, and am confident that it will still be working at that time. Enjoy the new purchase.

Me too. But other things are taking priority right now. The top breaks (Ranger II) are kind of expensive.
Expensive and also questionable during a close range engagement. I've seen video of people releasing the latch when they're trying to cock the hammer and that's for simple range shooting, make it a real life defensive situation and I can see it happening, if not during a struggle over the gun should such a situation occur.

AFAIK, the old Rangers were not like the new ones and were less prone to that happening.

I think a better, more reliable option is the Sidewinder. Yes, reloads will not be as fast as the Ranger, but they will still be faster and less cumbersome than the traditional pull pin NAA minis. I have one of the traditional NAA's that came with two cylinders and I figure that the fastest reload is to change the empty cylinder for the spare .22 LR that's already loaded, kind of like an 1858 black powder revolver.

I picked up the NAA Sheriff 2 months ago. It got a bit beat up in the lock box NAA is shipping them in. I emailed them and they sent me a shipping label. Had the gun back less than 2 weeks later, completely refinished with new wood grips. Great warranty service. Love the little .22 mag, and I carry it sometimes as my ccw while running errands or hiking in a lil pankcake holster.

First range visit. this little sucker is hard to control. this is from about 7 feet.

IMG-1375-B.png

Gary

It takes time. Just line it up with where your index finger would line up. I don’t even aim, I just point and shoot.

5 yards is max for the head and 7 yards for the body.

I have done the body for 10 yards, too.

They’re fun to shoot, easy to conceal and better than no gun, at all.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Expensive and also questionable during a close range engagement. I've seen video of people releasing the latch when they're trying to cock the hammer and that's for simple range shooting, make it a real life defensive situation and I can see it happening, if not during a struggle over the gun should such a situation occur.

AFAIK, the old Rangers were not like the new ones and were less prone to that happening.

I think a better, more reliable option is the Sidewinder. Yes, reloads will not be as fast as the Ranger, but they will still be faster and less cumbersome than the traditional pull pin NAA minis. I have one of the traditional NAA's that came with two cylinders and I figure that the fastest reload is to change the empty cylinder for the spare .22 LR that's already loaded, kind of like an 1858 black powder revolver.

The problem I have with the sidewinder for a 22 WMR/Magnum is that the case expands and doesn’t eject freely from the cylinder. I use the pin from the other North American Arms revolver to push them out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Back