NAA 22LR After 3 months finally its mine

I advise anyone with one of these pistols to testfire it before counting on it for self defense. They appear to prefer CCI ammo over all others. When I bought my 22 magnum Pug years ago, the salesman sold me a box of Winchester cartridges. It suddenly became a single shot pistol. Apparently, due to the gun's tight tolerances, after the first shot, the empty shell would back up just enough to lock up the cylinder. When I contacted NAA about the issue, their response was " Oh yeah, we've heard about that happening. Try CCI ammo, that's what we use." Thanks for the heads up, guys. I have had no issues since switching to CCI.

"I carried one around awhile empty when I got the first one, a couple of different ways, to see what would happen, and didn't have or see any problems."

I know a fella who carried a baby browning in his pocket for years - chambered and safety off - and was emboldened as are result of no occurrences. He had the same attitude - didn't even bother to try it - 'a man convinced against his will is of the same opinion still'. This has been bandied about extensively and fruitlessly on other boards (NAA, etc). Your gun - your gonads - good luck.

. He had the same attitude - didn't even bother to try it - 'a man convinced against his will is of the same opinion still'. This has been bandied about extensively and fruitlessly on other boards (NAA, etc). Your gun - your gonads - good luck.
I dont understand your point. I HAVE tried it and HAVE been doing it, and what youre saying has not been an issue.

Could "something" happen? Sure, "something" can happen with anything you carry, and any way you carry it. But there are ways to mitigate that, and vetting things should be done, which I have done and continue to watch.

Even if it were to jump the notch, and the hammer may end up resting on the round, its still not cocked, and would require a solid blow to the hammer to maybe get it to go off. Can it happen, sure, somehow I guess. Is it likely? I doubt it would the way Im carrying it, but anything is possible.

But again, I dont carry it loose in my pocket, and its in a holster, and from personal experience, its not been an issue so far.

If that scares you, me carrying my Glock 26 loaded in a Smart Carry will probably really have you freaking out. :D

And that doesnt point at anything serious either. ;)

Since its been "bandied about extensively and fruitlessly" how many actual, documented, unintentional discharges exactly have there been?

I carried an early short model without the notches in my pocket (without holster) for about 15 years. I carried with the hammer down between cartridge rims. Nothing else in the pocket, ever.
No issues whatsoever.

While in 'safety' it takes a mere .018" to release cylinder
Is this a typo? 18/1000" ? Sounds like an added 0 when I check the notch on my 22 Short Mini.
The hammer locks up solidly in the safety notch with a deliberate force needed to clear the notch enough for the cylinder to move.
How did you measure .018?

they are cute well made guns but too slow into action for me to be a choice for self defense. however, as a snake shot gun while fishing you betcha. I know how the shot spread is, seen plenty of those videos, but wonder if the shot would penetrate enough to do in a pit viper when fired from one of those sub 2" bbls

I've been practicing since picking it up but I'm having trouble getting the hammer into the safety notch. I'm sure I'm doing it wrong

Gary

Next one I want to get is their new top break 22magnum version
Screen-Shot-2019-12-23-at-2-21-08-PM.jpg

Gary
Me too. But other things are taking priority right now. The top breaks (Ranger II) are kind of expensive.

I have one of the little 1" .22LR versions, and at 5 yards the bullets often start to keyhole. CCI is less likely to, but the only round where it hasn't happened at all is Stingers. Looking down the barrel it's hard to even see the rifling as it's extremely shallow. I bought it mostly because it was cute, and for a short time I did carry it on me at all times, but since I can't hit anything with it beyond a few feet I decided not to trust it as a defensive weapon. And yes I have the rubber grips on it, which helped a little.

I've had one of these with the swappable cylinders for years and every once in awhile take it out and fondle it because it's so damn cute. But I've never actually fired it because can't work out a comfortable and safe grip and hand position. Please educate me on that.

Paul S

I've had one of these with the swappable cylinders for years and every once in awhile take it out and fondle it because it's so damn cute. But I've never actually fired it because can't work out a comfortable and safe grip and hand position. Please educate me on that.

Paul S
I haven't discovered that myself yet

Gary

I have long thin fingers but this grip works for me. It allows me to control the little revolver and easily cock it after each shot.

attachment.php

attachment.php

I have also found that using the gap in the frame where the hammer rests as a rear sight blade helps with accuracy.

Attachments

• IMG_20190324_022826604.jpg
    IMG_20190324_022826604.jpg
    144.5 KB · Views: 110
  • IMG_20190324_022714514.jpg
    IMG_20190324_022714514.jpg
    156.5 KB · Views: 106
Back