My wife does not like me buying pistols.

My wife, way back when I met her, said she didn't like guns. I told her straight out that it was a package deal.

And like most women she probably figured she's be able to straighten you out in that respect.

My latest. Wife shoots next to me. She likes my quality guns. I never have a problem buying stuff We need for matches or practice.

I bought a 9mm Springfield RO Champion. She liked it because it was light. SO I bought a Dan Wesson PM-9. She liked that, so did I. SO I bought a Valor in 45 for me.

Last night she shot a 94 in timed fire with that Valor. Its hard to keep up!

I just bought a used Kimber target II as a project gun for me.

David

Sometimes my wife is ok with me buying a new handgun. She likes to shoot with me. So she does not dislike guns. Most guns she just handles it. Then is ok with it. A few she has not been ok with. Those she confiscated for herself.

On the list of guns she has confiscated after my purchases.

1. Charter Arms Bulldog .44 Special.
2. Raven .25 Auto. (It was given to me as a tip for a detailing job.) She shoots it well, and likes the ultra small size of it.
3. V. Bernadelli Model 60 in .32 Auto. I tried to sneak it by her. It hit her and fet well enough she lets me clean it for her weekly. (She carries it.)
4. RIA 206 .38Spcl. Snub. She likes the size and weight of it. She also shoots it well. I got it because it reminded me of a Colt Detective Special. 6 shot and all.

There are others of mine she likes to shoot. The above listed are HER'S!

She puts up with me. So when she decides she likes one that much it becomes her's.

How are your wives when it comes to your pistols?

My wife is not a shooter while she has the potential to be very good with handgun or rifle. She does own her Walther PPK but no real interest in the shooting sports. While she does not share my enthusiasm with guns or shooting she does enjoy seeing me doing things which make me happy and having things which make me happy. Works out well all around. When I come across a gun I like she encourages me to buy it if I want it. We both worked careers so now it's time to enjoy.

Ron

Women go back & forth over a LOT of stuff.

Mine was Hi-Speed Low Drag retired Jarhead girly when we got married,
after kids...she went somewhat anti-gun...until one night I she discovered
that I'd bought a new pistol safe for my nightstand...and asked why she didn't
have the combo, or was even told about it, in case she needed to grab a pistol.

Pointed out that I'd already installed one in her nightstand and placed her pistol and ammo in it.
Then handed her the key so she could set the combo to hers.
Reminded her the 10mm hurt her hands/wrists, and that's why it was in mine
& the combo to that one would basically be useless to her ;)

These statements sometimes crack me up..just cuz 'she doesn't like guns'(my wife doesn't either), doesn't mean she doesn't like you..geeez, marriage is give and take, never easy.
I guess some are faced with 'pick guns or me'..but I think that's rare..IMHO, of course.

I shot that idea down right off the bat. I gave in zero soil to grow in.

My wife just bought herself a $600 wrist watch. She collects watches.

I said “I guess me spending $510 on a Czecoslovskian .22 rifle with two barrels isn’t such a bad deal...”

“Not bad” she replied. “but it won’t tell you the time... and don’t tell me your phone will do that because I know!”

My wife doesn't like me either, she used to though... She can leave whenever she wants.

Have been married almost 43 years...

Hehehe...

Mine

My wife tends to want to claim the small 'cute' ones from my collection.

She really perked up when I decided to go pocket carry and she saw Elsie Pea.

I want one of those, I really like it! She was fondling it at the time.

Uhh honey, I'd be happy to buy you one. However, you will fire one round out of it, and hand it back to me.
Unlike the 1903 Colt you already claimed (did not say she had bad taste) this one is a handful recoil wise. It's about 1/2 the weight, and double the kick.

I don't need two LCP's.

My wife tends to want to claim the small 'cute' ones from my collection.

She really perked up when I decided to go pocket carry and she saw Elsie Pea.

I want one of those, I really like it! She was fondling it at the time

I took my wife to look at an LCP for her carry pistol, and she wound up falling in love with the Sig P238. That is in good taste, too, but it cost me, as her good taste so often does.

Pretty much how I feel about guns, bikes, or musical instruments...
or anything else I collect...

attachment.php

Attachments

• She-said-bike-or-me.jpg
    She-said-bike-or-me.jpg
    15.3 KB · Views: 435
Does not bode well for a long and happy life if the wife likes to pick on you for a few hobby purchases. First, I would suggest you get a safe so the guns are secure when you are not home and out of sight. I would suggest you stop sharing the details of your gun purchases with your wife. After all, you don't care to pick on her for everything she purchases. Let your wife know that you are buying a few quality guns that will be an investment long term and that she is welcome to come shooting whenever she likes.

Back