My first contact with Colt Python

I see a 6 inch Python at Silver Eagle in Ashburn, VA - $1525 - it’s been in the case for over a week. I would buy it if it were a 4 inch one. I already own a 6 inch 686 plus that no other 6 inch 357 can replace.

I need to keep the Silver Eagle in mind then. Normally I stop by the Bullseye Guns in Leesburg. I bought my 4.25" online and the question for me at this point is: NOW WHAT? With my S&W and Python I feel like there are no more good reasonably priced revolvers to desire. Ruger in .357? I am not sure. I wish we would have more revolvers manufacturers to buy from.

IMHO, Ruger makes great 357 revolvers, they’re a little bit less refined than a comparable Smith or Colt, but they’re still a well made and great shooting revolver.

I need to keep the Silver Eagle in mind then. Normally I stop by the Bullseye Guns in Leesburg. I bought my 4.25" online and the question for me at this point is: NOW WHAT? With my S&W and Python I feel like there are no more good reasonably priced revolvers to desire. Ruger in .357? I am not sure. I wish we would have more revolvers manufacturers to buy from.
Don’t forget about Kimber, they make a pretty decent looking revolver. I’ve been a Smith guy all my life, had one Blackhawk in .41 mag about 35 years ago and didn’t care for the SA style. I picked up a GP100 a few years ago on a trade and with a little elbow grease and some springs/shims from TriggerShims.com it is a very very nice shooter. The DA rivals my best Smith and outshines most of them. SA is close to if not as good as my best Smiths. It’s just an all around enjoyable accurate dependable pistol. If I have one issue it’s the occasional false reset when shooting rapid fire. Usually this only happens if I’ve been shooting a lot of my 9mm’s and am sensitive to the click of the reset, then the almost imperceptible feel of the false reset in the GP will catch me. But as long as I just practice shooting it regularly so I instinctively run the trigger to a full reset it’s no biggie.

Back