Movie quotes

Two good ones from Men in Black:

"Do you have any idea how much that stings?"
Wav file
Said by the pawn shop operator alien as his fake human head is regenerating, just after Tommy Lee Jones has blown it off with one of those cool MIB alien blasters. Just to get his attention <g>.

"Step away from your busted-ass vehicle and put your hands in the air"

Said by Will Smith just as the spacecraft Edgar-the-cockroach-nightmare is trying to escape in comes to a complete halt after crash landing. Edgar emerges for the final battle with Will and Tommy.

Ya want movie quotes? Go paw thru http://us.imdb.com/Sections/Quotes/

Army of Darkness (1993) - Ash: [to Bad Ash] "Good... Bad... I'm the guy with the gun."

Ronin - Sam: "I just ambushed you with a cup of coffee!"

Ronin - [Vincent has just removed a bullet from Sam's side.] Sam: "If you don't mind, I'm gonna pass out."

The Peacemaker - Julia Kelly: "I'm not afraid of the man who wants ten nuclear weapons, Colonel. I'm terrified of the man who only wants one."

The Matrix - Spoon Boy: "There is no spoon."

The Matrix - Morpheus: "You think that's air you're breathing?"

The Matrix -
Tank: "So what do you need? Besides a miracle."
Neo: "Guns. Lots of guns."

From "The Godfather":

"I don't like violence, Tom. I'm a businessman. Blood is a big expense." -- Solozzo "The Turk"

"I'm gonna make him an offer he can't refuse." -- Don Corleone "The Godfather"

From "The Good, The Bad, and The Ugly":

"There are two kinds of spirs in this world. Those that come in through the door, and those that come in through the window." -- Tuco

"In this world, there are two kinds of people. Those with loaded guns, and those who dig. You dig." -- Blondie

And "Dr. Strangelove":

"Mr. President, I'm not saying we wouldn't get our hair mussed.. But I do say no more than ten to twenty million killed, tops."

"Gentlemen. You can't fight in here. This is the War Room!"

"Good, then. Well then, as you say we're both coming through fine. Good. Well, it's good that you're fine, and - and I'm fine. I agree with you. It's great to be fine."

"Well now, what happened is, uh, one of our base commanders, he had a sort of, well he went a little funny in the head. You know. Just a little funny. And uh, he went and did a silly thing... Well, I'll tell you what he did, he ordered his planes to attack your country."

Some great quotes in that one :)

Read more strangelove quotes here: http://www.filmsite.org/drst.html

[This message has been edited by lp (edited December 22, 1999).]

John Belushi- "Did the Americans quit when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor? HELL NO!"

Clint Eastwood- "Nothing like a good piece of hickory."

------------------
Ron

Detroit Area Chapter
Terra-Haute Torque & Recoil Society

Grandson: You can make money from philosophy?'
Max Dugan: 'Oh, yes sir! ... If you've got the right one!' - Jason Robards, as Max Dugan in Max Dugan Returns. Obscure but neat movie, if you've never seen it.

And, that dialogue between Steve Martin and John Candy, in Planes, Trains and Automobiles, when Martin wakes up with his hand between the 'pillows' ... ;) What was it - 'Where is your hand?' 'Between two pillows.' 'Those aren't pillows!!' They jump out of bed, on opposites sides, and Candy says something like, 'How about them Bears!'. A real crackup.

"I see your schwartz is as big as mine." -Dark Helmet, Spaceballs

"F*ck the poor!" - Roman senate, History of the World, Part I

"Seven years of college down the drain" -Animal House

"'scuse me while I whip this out..." -Blazing Saddles

"May we dance wif yo' dates?" - Animal House

"It's a hundred and six miles to Chicago. We got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigaretts, it's dark, and we're wearing sunglasses..." "Hit it!" - Blues Brothers

"You're a clown Lawrence."
"Well, we can't all be lion tamers." Peter O'Toole, Lawrence of Arabia.

"Not 'til after ya' eat the peanuts outta my $h!T"
Matthew Modine, Full Metal Jacket.

"Don't call me an uncle f'er, you uncle f'er." Southpark BBLU

"Luminous being are we, not this crude matter." Yoda, The Empire Strikes Back

"Allright you alien a$$h@les, in the words of my generation, UP YOURS!" Randy Quaid, ID4.

"I'm your huckleberry." Val Kilmer, Tombstone.

"Vasquez, you ever been mistaken for a man?"
"No, have you?" Aliens

"The Force will be with you, always." Obi Wan Kenobi

"We're gonna need a bigger boat." Roy Schnieder -(sp?), Jaws

[This message has been edited by Phillip (edited December 23, 1999).]

John McLane (Bruce Willis) in "Die Hard": Yippy-ki-yay mother-f***a.

Radio Operator (as above): Attention, whoever you are, this channel is reserved for emergency calls only.

John McLane: No f***ing s**t lady. Do I sound like I'm ordering a pizza?

(An old faithful):
Harry Callahan (Clint Eastwood): I know what you're thinking: "Did he fire six shots, or only five?" Well, to tell you the truth in all this excitement, I've kinda lost track myself. But, being this is a .44 Magnum, the most powerful handgun in the world, and would blow your head clean off, you've got to ask yourself one question: "Do I feel lucky?" Well, do ya punk?

Matthew Quigley (Tom Selleck)(paraphrased):
"Said I didn't like 'em. Didn't say I couldn't use one." (After he's blown away the bad guy with a ... gasp ... handgun.)

Travis Bickle (Robert DeNiro): Are you talkin' to ME?

No. 5: "More in-put, Steph-a-nie"; "No. 5 is ALIVE!"

--------------------------------------------

Have to come back with more when I'm not at work -- but the Christmas party starts in 15 minutes, so gotta go :)

B

"I swear, a woman's breast is the hardest stone the Almighty ever made, and I can find no sign on it." -BearClaw (Will Geer) from Jeramiah Johnson

"Sometimes nothin' is a real cool hand." from Cool Hand Luke

"Two bits, four bits, six bits, a peso, all for Zorro, stand up and say so!" -from Zorro, the Gay Blade

"It's history makin'!" -from Paint Your Wagon

"Yeah, well, a lot of folks did call him Two Guns, but that wasn't because he was sporting two pistols, it was because he had a d--- that was so big it was longer than the barrel on that Walker-Colt that he carried....You see, if old Corky had've had two guns, instead of just a big d---, he would have been right there to the end to defend himself"...Little Bill (Unforgiven)

OK.. everyone knows my spelling is terrible.. and I don't have a clue how to spell this... but hope I can get close enough so you will at least recognize it.

"Gort - platu berrada nictow". Day the Earth Stood Still.

------------------
Richard

The debate is not about guns,
but rather who has the ultimate power to rule,
the People or Government.
RKBA!

Deanf...
ah yes, and the ever memorable...

"Frau Bluchur".....(can't spell horses winnying (is that a word??) but you get it....

From the Holy Grail:

"This is supposed to be a happy occasion. Let's not bicker and argue about who killed who."

"Just a flesh wound!"

"Listen, strange women lyin' in ponds distributin' swords is no basis for a system of government! Supreme executive power derives from a mandate from the masses, not from some farcical aquatic ceremony!

"Oh but you can't expect to wield supreme executive power just because some watery tart threw a sword at you!

"Oh but if I went 'round sayin' I was Emperor, just because some moistened bint lobbed a scimitar at me, they'd put me away!"

From the Godfather:

"Damn FBI don't respect nothin'."...Sonny

"Leave the gun. Take the cannoli."...Clemenza

"I'll make him an offer he can't refuse." ...Michael Corleone

From Blazing Saddles:"

"Badges? We don't need no stinking badges!"

Bart: "I better go check out this Mongo character." [Bart reaches for his gun.]
Jim: "Oh no, don't do that."
Bart: "Why not?"
Jim: "If you shoot him, you'll just make him mad."

"Then one day I hear "Reach for it mister!" I spun around, and there I was standing face to face with a six year old kid. Well, I just laid down my guns and walked away... Little bastard shot me in the ass!"

From Sling Blade:

"What are you doing with that blade, there, Karl?"
"I aim to kill you with it, mmm hmm."

From The Sting:

"He's not as tough as he thinks."
"Neither are we."

From The Magnificent Seven:

"If God hadn't meant for them to be sheared, he wouldn't have made them sheep."

"Even if we had the guns, we know how to plant and grow, we don't know how to kill."
"Then learn, or die!"

"You get elected?"
"Nah. But I got nominated real good."

"Don't you ever say that again about your fathers, because they are not cowards. You think I am brave because I carry a gun; well, your fathers are much braver because they carry responsibility, for you, your brothers, your sisters, and your mothers. And this responsibility is like a big rock that weighs a ton. It bends and it twists them until finally it buries them under the ground. And there's nobody says they have to do this. They do it because they love you, and because they want to. I have never had this kind of courage. Running a farm, working like a mule every day with no guarantee anything will ever come of it. This is bravery."

------------------
RKBA!

"The people have the right to bear arms for their defense and security"
Ohio Constitution, Article I, Section 4
Concealed Carry is illegal in Ohio.
Ohioans for Concealed Carry Website

A great exchange between Ward Bond and John Wayne in "The Searchers."

Reverend Clayton: Well, the prodigal brother. Ain't seen you since the surrender. Come to think of it, I didn't see you at the surrender.

Ethan Edwards: I don't believe in surrenders.

Words from Paul Newman, as "Hud"

Hud Bannon: This world is so full of crap, a man's gonna get into it sooner or later whether he's careful or not.

Hud Bannon: You don't look out for yourself, the only helping hand you'll ever get is when
they lower the box.

Of course, the immortal Harry Callahan, in "Magnum Force."

Harry: A man's got to know his limitations.

Hooker: Too bad you're not on welfare, I'd give you a freebie.

Harry Callahan: You know those guys?
Early Smith: They came through the Academy after me. They stick together like flypaper,
you know? Everybody thought they were queer for each other.
Harry Callahan: Tell you something. If the rest of you could shoot like them, I wouldn't care if the whole damn department was queer.

Kurt Russell, in "Tango & Cash

Gabriel Cash: Lucky for me this room is soundproof. That way nobody gets to hear me
beating the truth out of you.
------------------
Be mentally deliberate but muscularly fast. Aim for just above the belt buckle Wyatt Earp
45 ACP: Give 'em a new navel! BigG
"It is error alone that needs government support; truth can stand by itself." Tom Jefferson, Notes on Virginia, 1785
We don't have a chaplain here, but I don't view that as any major problem... You can rest assured
that you will not go in that bag until I've said a few appropriate words over you
R. Lee Ermy as Sgt Major Haffner, from The Siege of Firebase Gloria
If you have to shoot a man, shoot him in the guts. It may not kill him... sometimes they die slow, but it'll paralyze his brain and arm and the fight is all but over Wild Bill Hickok

[This message has been edited by BigG (edited December 23, 1999).]

[This message has been edited by BigG (edited December 23, 1999).]

Dr. Strangelove:

Slim Pickens after confirming nuclear strike codes, removes flight helmet and dons cowboy hat saying: "Well boys, looks like this is it. Nuclear combat, toe to toe with the rooskies."

Full Metal Jacket: Matthew Modine's character and Colonel near massacre site:

Col: Marine, what is that button on your body armor?
Mod: A peace symbol, sir.
Col: Where'd you get it?
Mod: I don't remember, sir.
Col: What's that you've got written on your helmet?
Mod: Born to kill, sir.
Col: You've got 'born to kill' on your helmet and you wear a peace button, what's that supposed to be, some kind of sick joke?
Mod: I don't know, sir.
Col: You don't know very much, do you?
Mod: No, sir!
Col: You better get your head and your a** wired together or I will take a giant s*** on you.
Mod: Yes, sir!
Col: Now, answer my question or you'll be standing tall before the man.
Mod: I think I was trying to suggest something about the duality of man sir.
Col: The what?
Mod: The duality of man, the Jungian thing sir.
Col(pause 1, 2..): Who's side are you on son?
Mod: Our side, sir!
Col: Don't you love your country?
Mod: Yes, sir!
Col: Well how 'bout getting with the program. Why don't you jump on the team and come on in for the big win.
Mod: Yes, sir.
Col: Son, all I've ever asked of my marines is that they obey my orders as they would the word of God. We are here to help the Vietnamese because inside every gook is an american, trying to get out. It's a hardball world son, we've got to try and keep our heads until this peace craze blows over!
Mod: Aye aye, sir!

[This message has been edited by ChrisL (edited December 23, 1999).]

[This message has been edited by ChrisL (edited December 23, 1999).]

Dirty Harry - "Well I'm all broken up about that man's rights."

In the Line of Fire - "You got a rendevouz with my a$$ motherf$#$#$!"

Monty Python Holy Grail - "St. Antiloch raised the handgrenade up on high saying, Oh Lord, bless this thy handgrenade, that with it thou may blow thine enemies to bits in thy mercy."

"Don't point a gun at a man unless you intend to shoot him. Don't shoot a man unless you intend to kill him. And no warning shots: warning shots are bullsh!t." -Johnny, "Phantasm"

------------------
"The evils of tyranny are rarely seen but by him who resists it."
-- John Hay, 1872

Monty Python's Holy Grail- Help, Help, I'm being oppressed. Come see the violence in the system. Lobeth thy holy hand grenade. Tombstone- You're no daisy. 48 hours- Jaaack, tell me a bedtime story. F-you, Ohh, that's my favorite.

1. Near the end of "The Professionals", the badnasty rich rancher says to Lee Marvin, "You bastard!" Marvin responds, "For me, an accident of birth. You, Sir, are a self-made man."

2. "Missouri Breaks": Jack Nicholson to Marlon Brando, "The sound that woke you up was your throat bein' cut."

Back