Movie quotes

We have favorite movies how about favorite quotes?

"Make no mistake it's not revenge he's after, it's the reckoning" Doc Holliday about Wyatt Earp in Tombstone.

"You tell him we're coming and hell's coming with us." Wyatt Earp in Tombstone

"A Texas ranger kicked my daddies teeth out, are you gonna kick my teeth out Texas Ranger?"(And then he did) Horse thief to Chuck Norris in "Lone Wolf Macquade"

------------------
They teach conformity, it equals servitude, and that leads to genocide based not on race but resistance,

Steve

Not sure but somehting like
"He painted the town red and called it hell."
Clint movie "high plains drifter?"

"You know for me the aciton is the juice"
Guy from HEAT that got exactly what he wanted from Al Pacino, right in the forehead.

"I'll Get all the sleep I need when I'm dead"
Sam Elliot. Roadhouse

"They hire strong backs and pay them pennies, its as if the Pharaoh's have returned." I think I've had a few of these jobs.
Indiana Jones

Too many from Full Metal Jacket and too hard to post here, ya know, all the *******'s

I'll leave the arnie ones for others.

[This message has been edited by oberkommando (edited December 22, 1999).]

"They were gonna make me a major for this and I wasn't even in their ****ing army anymore"
Martin Sheen as Captain Willard, Apocalypse Now

"What is steel to the hand that weilds it?" James Earl Jones as Thulsa Doom, Conan the Barbarian

"cause I've got this badge and this gun and the sweet love of jesus in these pretty blue eyes"
Clint eastwood, The Gauntlet

"he should have armed himself"
Eastwood again, Unforgiven

"I will never kiss you again"
Anne parriauld, La Femme Nikita

"and at that moment oh my brothers I knew I was cured"
Malcom Mcdowel, a Clockwork Orange

"ak 47 when you abosolutely got to kill every mother****er in the room TODAY, accept no substitute"
Samuel L. Jackson, Jackie Brown

"you wanna get outta here, you talk to me"
Mel Gibson, The Road Warrior

"fill your hand you son of a bitch"
John Wayne, as Rooster Cogburn, True Grit

"get your stinking paws off me you damn dirty ape"
Charleton Heston, as Taylor, Planet of The Apes

"i protect you, i fifth element"
Milla Jovovitch, the Fifth Element

"he looked like a wimp so I figured I'd play it tough" (in fact that whole scene is a RIOT)
John Candy as the voice of DEN, Heavy Metal

just a few..hehe I'll stop now

Dr.Rob

I know you're only a reporter, but you use to be a person.
Movie: Deep Impact.

[This message has been edited by metro25 (edited December 22, 1999).]

What is best in life?

Crush your enemies, drive them before you, and listen to the lamentations of their women! -Conan the Barbarian

Kinda chokes you up doesn't it?

I'm not sure if I have this right, but from Tombstone: Go ahead, skin it! Skin that smokewagon and go to work!

Raising Arizona: But the doctor explained to me that her insides were a rocky place, where my seed could find no purchase.

And: Son, you got a panty on your head.

------------------
Strength does not come from physical capacity.
It comes from an indomitable will. -- Mahatma Gandhi

I forgot all about Raising Arizona. Liked it alot. From Empire of the Sun : "P-51, Caddillac of the sky!" I've believed that since I was eight.

From the Unforgiven:
"Killing a man is a hell of a thing. You're not only taking everything he has, but everything he's ever gonna have."

"That's right. I've killed just about anything that walked or crawled at one time or another, and I'm here to kill you, Little Bill, for what you did to Ned." .....
William Munny (UNFORGIVEN)

Dr. Rob, I liked the quote by James Earl Jones: "What is steel to the hand that weilds it?" James Earl Jones

Has alot of meaning dont ya think?

I ain't very smart I guess, since I don't "get" some of those above, but I too liked the quotes from "Unforgiven" - "It's a hell of a thing - killin' a man" and "He shoulda armed himself, if he's gonna decorate his saloon with my friend".

I think Raising Arizona is probably the most quotable movie there is (of those I've seen). The two mentioned above, and many more. You've got Hi and Ed: "Now the joint is more structured than most people care for." "Of course they'se cryin' - babies cry. I WANT a baby, Hi. Now go in in there and get me a baby." And Nathan Arizona: "Hell, they're all disgruntled - I ain't runnin' a damn daisy farm." "He was wearin' a damn dinner jacket - I don't know, jammies! It had Yodas and $hit on it." "That's your for-te, ain't it? Microbes and $hit?" and Evan and Gale: "We released ourselves of our own recognizance" "Ma'am, we felt the institution no longer had anything to offer us." and "Even though we wasn't, little Jr. here just went and had hisself a rest stop". "Well, that's natural." And the exchange with the guy in the general store: "These blow up into funny shapes and all?" "No. 'Less you think round is funny", and the hayseed in the bank "Well, which is it, young fellar? You want us to freeze, or you want us to get on the ground? I mean to say is, Ifun we freeze, we can't rightly drop, and ifun we get on the ground, we'ze gonna be in motion." Holy crap, almost forgot about Glenn and Dottie - too many to mention.

Also, Braveheart's "Every man dies. Not every man really lives."

Also, what about "US Marshall's": "Lose that nickel-plated sissy pistol. Get yourself a Glock." I laughed my weenie off at that one.

Oh yeah, my all-time favorite diologue in a movie is from Planes, Trains, and Automobiles between Steve Martin's character and the actress who played the ditsy secretary in Ferris Bueller:

"May I help you?"
"Yessssssss"
"How may I help you?"
"You can start by wiping that dumb ass smile off your rosy f'ing face."
"I don't think I like your attitude"
"And I don't like the way your f'ing company dropped me off in a parking lot in the middle of f'ing nowhere with keys to an f'ing car that wasn't f'ing there, and how I had to walk across the parking lot, over a fence, and across a f'ing RUNWAY to get back here."
"Well, do you have your rental receipt?"
"No"
"Then I don't think I can help you."
"Lady, I want a f'ing car. A f'ing Toyota. A f'ing Honda. A f'ing Buick. Four f'ing tires and steering wheel. I want a f'ing car. Right. F'ing. NOW!"

[This message has been edited by Futo Inu (edited December 23, 1999).]

"Stay cloze to ze candles, ze staircase can be trecherous."

Also from this movie: "Ovaltine?" and "What knockers!"

From end of Days

with arnold's accent
"between your faith and my Glock 9mm I choose my Glock"

------------------
It ain't mah fault. did I do dat?

Moon Over Parador - the head honcho talking to the dictator ... "Remember - you're only President for life."

Holy Grail - when the knight's being rescued from the virgins (& the spankings, etc. ...)
"No! I can take 'em!"

Animal House - no words, but when the guy on the stairs sings aires to his beloved & Belushi looked the way he does (did), reaches over & smashes the guitar to pieces

Butch Cassidy & Sundance Kid - "Think you used enough dynamite there, Butch?" & on the cliff discussing the jump & swim "hell, the fall's gonna kill ya"

Two Mules For Sister Sarah - " This is no cathouse. This is the best whorehouse in Texas." Too, same flic, Clint & the Mexican General discuusing their differences & who would die in their ensuing gunfight ... "oh, I didn't know you were Catholic."

Crocodile Dundy - "Now that's a knife"

Deliverance ... "all machines gonna fail, Drew"

Oh hell & my wife's lookin' over my shoulder!

Tank Girl! Get in here! Too many & too funny!

"I got two words for you. Brush your teeth!"

Stupidist movie in the world & after you (have to) watch it a few, it does grow on you.

"There are very few human problems that can't be solved by a suitable application of high explosives."
Blaster, "Uncommon Valor"

"This ain't Dodge city and you ain't Bill Hickcock."
Sellick to Rickman "Quigley Down Under"

"A man's gotta know his limitations"
Clint Eastwood "Magnum Force"

THE WIND AND THE LION
"If there be treachery, let there be jehad."

"You, woman are a great deal of trouble."

------------------
Ne Conjuge Nobiscum
"If there be treachery, let there be jehad!"

[This message has been edited by Jim V (edited December 22, 1999).]

NOTE: Doing the best I can remembering word for word . . .

"Why you out here, Doc?" "Because Wyatt's my friend." "Hell, I got lots of friends." "I don't." --Tombstone

"There is no spoon."--The Matrix

Conan's father to young Conan: "No one in this world can you trust. Not men, not women, not beasts." (points to sword) "This you can trust." --Conan the Barbarian

"Harry doesn't know how to fail."--Armageddon

"There is no try. There is do or do not."--Yoda, Empire Strikes Back

"Best defense, no be there."--Mr. Miyagi, The Karate Kid

"Whose motorcycle is this?" "It's a chopper." "Whose chopper is this?" "It's Zed's." "Who's Zed?" "Zed's dead, baby. Zed's dead."--Pulp Fiction

"The slow blade penetrates the shield."--Dune

"What do you like most about the desert?" "It's clean." --Lawrence of Arabia

"What brought you here, Rick?" "The waters. They're supposed to be good for my health." "This is a desert." "Apparently I was misinformed."--Casablanca

"Not a good day to be a bad guy, huh, Skank?"--The Crow

"I'm a mushroom cloud laying motherf***er, motherf***er. I'm the guns of the Navarone."--Pulp Fiction

(Police chief holding a black pen up to Shaft's face) "Shaft, you ain't so black." (Shaft holding a coffee cup up to the chief's face) "Chief, you ain't so white."

(Wizard to Subotai) "Why do you cry?" "He is Conan, a Cimmerian. He will not cry. So I cry for him."

"I can't take him, can I, Doc." "No."--Tombstone

Back