Most painful rifle kick you've personally experienced

.458 Win.mag. The recoil wasn't sharp but a steady quick push back and I had to take 2 steps back to keep from falling over.

I had an Ithaca Mag 10 that I would shoot just for fun . Stout recoilbut not overwhelming. I had a CZ bolt in .416 Rigby. There was no comparison! I sold the CZ because I was afraid that it would separate my shoulder! I never did fire it from a bench

Polish M-44. Beautiful rifle but painful to shoot. I ended up trading it for a better gun. 7.62 x 54r is a powerful round.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

My friends .30-06 with 180gr soft points. I've never had the chance to fire anything bigger, and I wouldn't want to after trying his a few times.

Back when I was 16, I was skinny. Skinny enough that I had to spin around three times, just to cast a shadow. I could turn sideways, stick out my tongue and be camouflaged as a zipper.

So: My uncle gave me a 1917 Enfield and an unlimited supply of ammo. Like any 16-year-old, I wanted to shoot! Shoot! Shoot!

Call it my summer of masochism: That steel butt plate danged near beat me to death.

Pain

At about 50 years old a friend talked me into going turkey hunting. I marched out to K-Mart and bought a new NEF 12 gauge 3 inch mag full choke single shot shotgun and a box of Remington 3 inch magnum shells loaded with 2 ounces of #4 shot. Went to the range to try it out. I kneeled down on one knee for balance and fired .PAIN !!!!!!!!!!!!, knocked me over backwards to the ground. Sold that gun and bought a Mossburg 500 Mossy Oak camo ported pump gun' hdbiker

2 bore!

Looking for volunteers.
No experience or brains necessary. (In fact, brains are a discouraged.)

Now now....don't push and shove. No need.

Form a neat orderly line.

Now is good.

Nice straight line....it would start with,...one!

Come-on... we are going for one here.

One?

(cowards!)

It was after school with a friend. I must have been 9 or 10 years old at the time. His Grandpa let us shoot his .270. That was the biggest gun I had ever fired at that time. I remember the recoil and I loved it. It hurt, but I would have stayed all afternoon shooting that rifle if he would have let me.

Brother in law's Remington pump in 35 Whelen from the bench. Hard plastic "recoil pad".

Near misses (thankfully): Same BIL had a break action single shot 10 gauge. He offered to let me shoot some slugs and buckshot through it. I had enough sense to decline.

Bought an H&R 12g single shot shorter barreled turkey gun from a guy. He really didn't like it. He included 9 rounds of a 10 round box of 3.5 inch magnum turkey loads. Might explain his dislike. I still have all 9 rounds.

Years ago at a Range Day I was stupid enough to shoot a 4 bore Side By Side. I didn't have a problem with it but I sure don't want to do it again. Recoil was INTENSE.

That is awesome. At one time I'd have been willing. Hell, I'd still try it but there would be something between me and the buttstock, be it a luxurious recoil pad or something...anything to spread the recoil force out.

recoil

The most painful experience that I have had was with this item:

It is what J.D.Jones calls the 50-70-750. Simply, it is a BMG bullet seated in a 50/70 Gov't case and fired through one of Jones' fast twist barrels (1-8") at subsonic velocity - about 900 fps.
The barrel fits on my T/C Encore.
I had put a scope on it, loaded some rounds and gone to the range to test.
The first shot broke my shooting glasses. Surprise? Yep. The second shot knocked the back up glasses off.
In the Encore, the recoil pulse is so fast that I could not keep the scope out of my eye. I had to go to a LER.
I have a few heavy kickers, that cartridge is the only one that has caught me out.

Wyosmith,
Would you mind posting a picture of the whole 2 bore rifle?

2Boremuzzle.jpg.html

A few. I never got good photos of it when it was 100% finished but I have some of it in various stages of completion.

Here are both sides with the stock done, but not the metal finish. No engraving yet either.

Here are a few close ups after metal work was done, but nothing full length.

Back