Most obnoxious gun?

My S&W 460XVR rips the most insane blast indoors. The muzzle flash literally lights up the whole range. Every time I shoot it I end up with a crown standing behind me cheering (with good hearing protection)..... ans some crying (minimal hearing protection).. LOL

There are a lot of them that are unpleasant to be with on an indoor range.
I am really sorry to see the "rifle rated" bullet traps indoors.

We have a nice new indoor range opening here on Friday. Looks like they are going for the Guntryclub look. But it is all one open bay, muzzle braked rifles alongside my .22 LR. I am glad my schedule will let me shoot there during less busy times of the day.

I have an H&K 91 and it is loud. A pistol length barrel on that platform would have to be outrageously loud.

The 30 Carbine Ruger Blackhawk is famous for having a loud report.

I have a port relieved 300 win mag which sounds like a cannon indoors. I always get some curious onlookers when I fire it at an indoor range. I don't do it anymore though, only pistols indoors.

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

how bout a muzzled mosin nagant carbine?
FN five seven handgun
muzzled AR pistol
I don't see how an RONI would be bad for those around, half the guys that frequent indoor ranges use glocks already, all it is is a plastic enclosure that gives you a butt stock for your handgun...

I think 300 WBY mag would be a fun one to shoot indoor just to see the looks from the others.

Being this is in the handgun forums, and it seems most are concerned with indoor ranges I didn't mention my braked Remington 700 7MM Magnum. But I will say I once heard a man telling his young son that was shooting in the booth next to me at an outdoor range "That's OK, maybe next time there won't be somebody with a field artillery piece next to us". :D

Tahunu....I did not catch the noise point of the thread. I was going off pure obnoxious factor of the gun itself. I dislike the concept of taking a handgun, enveloping it is cheap plastic and making a SBR. But that is just one guys humble opinion.

I'm sure there's worse, but when I shoot my Yugo AK with brake at the indoor range it's been cleared a few times.

I only shoot it indoors when it's real cold out.

I'm guessing an AK pistol has to be pretty brutal, noise wise.

Sent from my SM-G930R4 using Tapatalk

Other than rifle caliber handguns like my Contender mentioned earlier I will say I have been told my TT33 Tokarevs, and CZ52 in 7.62x25 "barks" pretty good. Especially with some of the hotter milsurp ammo I have. Not to mention the basketball sized fireball it emits.:D

Some of the snubbies have a very harsh report.

Next to that it's the gun that won't stay pointed down range / sweeps others when connected to a careless owner.

At my usual range I found and S&W 500 a few ports down very dstracting. Conversely at another recently rebuilt indoor range I had a .223 to my left and a .243 and 30/06 to my right-and was not bothered.

The biggest handgun I've shot next to was a S&W 50, whatever it is, I don't remember. That thing was a beast. Said his son gave it to him as a gift and after his first time shooting a full cylinder he learned to load only one at a time.

Most obnoxious handguns I have are relatively tame. A 4" .357 mag and a Yugo M85np (.223 with 10" barrel).

Some of you guys have regular hand canons, my bad wrists couldn't stand up to that.

I've read here that the Ruger Blackhawk in .30 carbine is very obnoxious (loud).

Others have also made comments about using Blue Dot powder & the wonderful balls of flame it can produce :D.

My personal noise maker is a 12 ga SxS coach gun.

The Heritage Revolvers of some alloy and that stupid lump for a safety.
S&W with the Hillary ...safety.
Any bead blasted lump with a chunk of molded rubber for a grip.
New weird stocks and guns with rasp on three sides and receiver neccissitating , armored gloves or rubber covers and with three or four sights and lasers and lights hanging at all angles and spare fore grips and bizarre fluted and twisted barrels or in other words kids toy guns that shoot.
Aluminum receivers, aluminum shotguns, aluminum pistols, aluminum anything. Wife won't even cook with aluminum.
Aluminum is only good on wing flaps and to start fires.
Stickers and and painted guns. God have mercy on those horrible abused shotguns at Sporting Clays.
Pink guns, painted blue guns, blue hair, camoflougeee painted guns designed to induce nightmares and poor spelling.
I tell you whut, my dog won't hunt carrying one of these things.He'd probably bite me or go hunt with someone else or hide behind sunglasses and a moustache. No self respecting dog wants to be seen with a ble and pink camo painted shotgun with bright red and gold stickers.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NQ10KIdDRwo

I use an AK pistol, AR pistol, .30 Ruger Blackhawk and several .327 magnums at my local indoor range. All are loud and I try to go to the range early so few if any other shooters are around.

The loudest gun that I use indoors is the S&W 460 Magnum snubbie that is shown in my above YouTube video.

Mark

Any rifle over 6mm caliber with a brake. Next 454 Casull snubbie.
I agree. Last week I went test fire my Hakim in 8mm. I was startled by the noise and the shock wave felt on my face. It was the muzzle brake. It was loud but hardly any felt recoil. It must be way louder to anybody standing next to me. I stopped after 5 rounds. Had no intention to be an a-hole.

Hakim was an Egyptian military rifle. Can't imagine how it would work in a real combat. The whole infantry platoon would be deaf when the sergeant signaled cease fire.

-TL

Back