Most obnoxious gun?

ATN082268

What would be the most obnoxious, currently produced, costs $1,000 or less gun to use in an indoor firing range? There was some guy on You Tube that had PTR-91 with a muzzle brake which is a .308 handgun with a 8.25 inch barrel which should be a top contender :)

Last edited:
I'd probably go with a Mossberg Roadblocker... no one at the range wanted to be anywhere around it when the customer touched off a few rounds.
images-products-2061132.jpg

I saw a guy with one of those Roni contraptions that turns a Glock into a bad looking SBR. Seems pretty dirtbagish.

Last edited by a moderator:
AR-15 pistol with the idiot shooting at 5 yards is the worst I've experienced. The concussion would send every target on the range blowing. I imagine that a .308 pistol would be much worse.

I've been at the same range with a .308 rifle with a 20" barrel and it wasn't half as bad as the 5.56 with a pistol barrel.

Most obnoxious to who? The shooter or those around him/her? Many of those firearms folks hate to be next to, are the same ones folks enjoy shooting the most.

What would be the most obnoxious, currently produced, costs $1,000 or less gun to use in an indoor firing range? There was some guy on You Tube that had PTR-91 with a muzzle brake which is a .308 handgun with a 8.25 inch barrel which should be a top contender

Most obnoxious, Mosin-Nagant carbine. There's a non-trivial chance of blowing out windows from the concussion.

I have often wanted to make a "lane clearer" type gun. Something HOT like a .300 Win Mag or a semi-auto .308 and SBR it and attach one of those "muzzle loudner" type brakes that are specifically designed to increase muzzle blast and noise to the sides.

Should make for some cool indoor fun. :cool:

Any semi-auto wielded by some guy who is apparently sponsored by Brown Bear Ammo and has no goal other than turning ammo into casings.

.500 S&W must be obnoxious (or AWESOME) because by the end of a cylinder, nothing else on the line is firing.

It isn't anywhere close to the most obnoxious, but every time I took a .327 Federal revolver to the indoor range I had some free passes for, the range cleared before the third cylinder was fired.
Cleared. Empty. Not a soul remaining.
And when I got around to leaving, everyone was out in the lobby, waiting for me to leave, so they could use the rest of the time that they paid for...

Bunch of sissies. It isn't even as bad as .357 Mag. :rolleyes:

For most obnoxious, but not overly stupid or expensive, and without needing an SBR stamp, I think I'd be looking at a TC handgun with a ported 10" .300 WM barrel.

It wasn't the loudest but this guy at the range next to me one time had a BP musket and he wasn't using the new finagled smokeless powder, every time he let it off it created a smoke cloud like a semi belching from a dead stop.

Luckily he was only getting off about 1 shot every 2 mins.
But he smoked out 3 lanes in which ever way the wind blew..
They say beauty draws smoke so I must be one sexy beast :D

I was going to say those guys who blaze away with full-sized service pistols (possibly Glocks) at seven yards and barely stay om the paper...

but they actually make me feel pretty good about my own shooting.

Hum, wonder which is more obnoxious. My T C Contender with the 223 Super 14 barrel, ported 35 Remington Super 14, or my 10" SSK 45-70 barrel with muzzle brake.
To me, none. But I also don't shoot them at an indoor range.

I was going to go with my TC with integral brake 45-70, but I think my .58 Harpers Ferry flintlock pistol with 70gr FFg loads would trump it. Much louder boom and clouds of glorious smoke.

I cleaned out an outdoor range once with a CVA Optima V2 rifle. I only needed the 5 shots to make sure it was sighted in for deer season and put it away.

I bet the pistol equivalent would be a nice smoke pole.

6b3a6bab4673dd8df71878cf7ae9830f.jpg

Back