mosin nagant or axis?

Guess that would do it, huh? Does it really hang onto the case long enough to flip it free of the chamber before it falls off the boltface?
Why not weld up and mill out the boltface?

Sending this one out today. Another customer with no sense, wanting to spend money on a sub-moa custom when he could have had an Axis for less....:rolleyes:

p0DxULd.jpg

tobnpr said:
Sending this one out today. Another customer with no sense, wanting to spend money on a sub-moa custom when he could have had an Axis for less....

P.T. Barnum made a lot of money off people with no sense. No reason you shouldn't profit from it as well.

tobnpr:

Nice looking rifle! You do excellent work.

Per the OP's question, would the average Buba do as good a job as you?

I'm not trying to take work from you. If someone wants a MN that can compete and beat an Axis, they should go to someone like you to do that work. You're clearly beyond the Buba MN shim & stock "gunsmithing", but that seems like it's beyond what the OP was inquiring about.

P.T. Barnum made a lot of money off people with no sense. No reason you shouldn't profit from it as well.

Ahhh...
Didn't know that someone died, and had appointed you the official arbiter of what "makes sense", first.

I guess everyone that builds customs should just shut their doors because you say so...because as I've stated ad nauseum- many customs (depending on the barrel) will shoot no better than some of the better factory rifles.

I dumped 35 large restoring and customizing a 50K sportfishing boat once- and never saw a dime of it back when I sold it. But, you'd never understand why I- and the many that are like me- would do that, now would you?:rolleyes:

tobnpr said:
Ahhh...
Didn't know that someone died, and had appointed you the official arbiter of what "makes sense", first.

Actually you're the one that said your customer had no sense, I just said you had a right to profit from it. It wasn't said to make your butt hurt, just trying to bring some levity to the topic. I would never build a custom Mosin, I admire the rifle for what it was and wouldn't dream of making it something else.

Back