Montana Traffic Stop

texagun

A routine traffic stop in Montana turns ugly. Turn up your computer
volume. Listen for the first "click" as the driver pulls out
and points the gun at the Trooper....a 41 Magnum Revolver. The
"click" is the hammer dropping on an already fired round in the
cylinder. The second round was live. A lucky Trooper indeed!
The suspect was shot in the back while driving away and died on
scene after crashing into a building.

Observe the speed at which the Trooper draws
his weapon and fires. Accurately. Practice makes
perfect.

Click here: Hamilton Police shooting video
http://billingsgazette.com/news/sta...mix_cdf93fba-47ca-11df-9f5c-001cc4c002e0.html

Yeah, that was some PHENOMENAL shooting, especially for having had a gun go *click* all up in his grill. I'd have certainly needed a new pair of shorts after that.

That was an incredibly close call. Under any other circumstances, he would be dead. Congrats to the officer for reacting quickly after getting over the shock.

Yeah, you can see it took him a second to realize what just happened but he recovered from it pretty quick and took care of business.

See how the adrenaline made it hard for him to talk? I have only had that happen once to me and I can say its quite a feeling.

qoute: See how the adrenaline made it hard for him to talk? I have only had that happen once to me and I can say its quite a feeling.

His voice was extremely controlled considering what just happened to him. Definately a good, well trained officer. It also looks like he also hit the gun with his flashlight, knocking the aim away from his face.

Hamilton is a small town, I imagine there's only a few city police there, or perhaps the county is contracted. Regardless, job well done.

Yeah, you can see it took him a second to realize what just happened but he recovered from it pretty quick and took care of business.

Complacency kills.

There is no such thing as a "routine" stop.

The officer recovered well from his initial hesitation, however, sometimes you won't get a chance to "recover". Hopefully the officer learns from the experience and approaches each encounter with a plan to take defensive action immediately, and without hesitation.

I'd have certainly needed a new pair of shorts after that.

Me three although the officer was spotted late that evening purchasing a gallon of bleach for stain removal LOL.

Recently posted and discussed..

Dude you should apply to become a moderator. You chime in alot just to say its been done before or to challenge whether a thread qualified as tactics and training. Please let the trained professionals handle the forum. If you don't like a thread go to another.

Respond to the OP or with something valid to add to the discussion or go away. See now you got me acting like you.

Tex, thank you for posting that video! I am certainly glad that the officer reacted quickly and hopefully helped the driver/shooter to reach ambient room temperature!

Vests come in different levels of effectiveness .So the stopping depends on what bullet in what cartridge against what vest. Remember that vests don't protect you if the bullet hits un protected areas like your head !!

Holy Hell indeed!

EXCELLENT control of nerves by the officer, and what a fine way to react! He's got some great shooting skills! Just look at that stance where he just freezes and dedicates his mind and body to bringing that scumbag down!

+1 for the officer and +1 for Double stack mags! Glad that he wasn't harmed.

Unbelievable. Superb reaction by the officer. Very fortunate to have the entire thing recorded so there can't be any doubt as to who was at fault.

Back