"Modern"/Usable Top-Break Revolvers

44 Amp truer words were never written. I have made the same point myself a couple of times.

The original top breaks were made for the ammo that was proper for them strength wise. They are not suitable for higher pressure rounds. But for some reason they did just what they were designed to do many years ago. They provided their owners with a level of protection that couldn't be found with fist and billy clubs. And they did their work with round nose lead bullets.

And now if a gun doesn't shoot groups at 25 yards that can be covered with a 50 cent piece then its labeled inaccurate and that fact spreads all over the internet and the gun doesn't sell. And I have seen very few people that can shoot groups like that at 25 yards. I do on very rare occasions but I consider them a fluke and not the norm. A 2" to 4" group is more like it for me. And most are closer to 4". Hows that for honest?

Hay Ratshooter!What's a 50 piece?:confused::D I think you made a very good poit.Over then And now, I'm one of the then folks too.

Back