Match Champion vs 627

AzShooter I normally don't let other people work on my things unless I have to and this is my first time ever really going to a smith becuase I just didn't have the tools to do this myself (still thought about trying) but you seem to be right. At least in my case it seemed like he was used to dealing with people who don't really know much about firearms or what they want so he just did what he thought was best. When I saw my revo he looked at me like I was supposed to praise his work but my face just dropped and I was like this is not what I wanted then re-explained what I wanted. He then said to me "do you even have a scope that could fit on a rail that small" I had already told him it was for a micro red dot the first time I was in there but again I guess he wasn't listening so I pulled out the red dot I had brought for a test fit and said this will fit just fine and then came the OH.... I can fix it...

Again even though I am not at all happy with the situation I am not trying to bash the guy just yet as he is a decent smith and it seems he is trying to make it right. Hopefully I just get my revo back the way I want it and we can both walk away from this with a lesson learned. Heck at this point I would even give him a chances at more work if it was something I couldn't do myself. I would just be extra sure he heard/listened to what I wanted.

Last edited:
Well I know this is a old tread but I am back to bash the A$$hat.

At first i didn't really want to put his name out there but just so everyone knows it's Eric of Helix gunsmithing in Top Gun.

So after everything posted before I got my revo back looking like crap never to be the same again. Then to top it off after the incident of the rial coming lose right after I got it back (Just one screw in the rail of a .357 without any Loctite/rockset or anything) I told him to put a screw in the front of the rial instead of just one in the back he agreed then ended up just doing what he wanted yet again and just adding a second screw to the back of the rail through my backstrap leaving the front floating around unsupported which is what brought me back to this today. I was out trying to sight in this fine handgun for some deer hunting when my groups started going crazy again and surprise surprise the rail is moving around slightly like I told him it would when he asureded me that it was now rock solid and would NEVER move again.

Now not only did I waste a bunch more expensive ammo trying to sight in a firearm that can't be (never replaced the ammo from the first time like he said he would) but here I am all setup for a hunting trip with a firearm I have no confidence in during the holidays when I can't get anyone to fix it.

Last edited:
I think I must be lucky because i have 3 S&W's (67, 686P, and 627) and 2 Rugers, and the 6" Ruger GP100 that I have has the best trigger of all of them.

Back