Mass Shooting In New Zealand

Status
Not open for further replies.

PhotonGuy

There has just been a mass shooting in New Zealand where at least 49 people are dead. I do not want to use this tragedy to push our agenda but I would like to give my condolences to the victims and their families.

I know Australia has strict gun laws, what is New Zealand like in that regard? I really don't understand what possesses people to want to kill and injure innocent people.

I know Australia has strict gun laws, what is New Zealand like in that regard? I really don't understand what possesses people to want to kill and injure innocent people.
From what I do know about New Zealand they're more gun friendly than Australia but they are still much more restrictive than most places in the USA.

Unarmed intended victim attacked, tackled, and disarmed one of the gunmen. Mindset is critical to such situations.
https://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/news/article.cfm?c_id=1&objectid=12213205
That story is 100% BS, easily refuted, yet the media keeps perpetuating it
Only one person ran towards the shooter but was immediately shot down by the killer

I'm not even certain he was trying to take down the shooter, it almost appeared if he blindly ran and unintentionally encountered the killer. Either way, at no point was there a tackle, struggle, disarmament, or even anything resembling such.

It was essentially a 'fish in a barrel' type slaughter.
I'm in no way trying to make light or be critical of victims actions, in fact quite the opposite.
Anyone taking their personal safety seriously should watch the video as a means to visualize typical human behavior in such situations, and maybe learn something.

Almost everyone ran to the two farthest points in the room away from the main entrance, encountered choke points (windows), and most just stood/laid/crouched as he fired magazine after magazine. First one group on one side, then the group on the other side.

Watching things like this may actually save your life if you are ever in such a situation....hopefully not.

Last edited:
It will be difficult to find the video at this point.

https://apnews.com/bcf83a4990bb4904a6addc7ded329075
Yes they are trying desperately to hide this, which should be a clue as to their agenda
Thats why I downloaded both the video and manifesto immediately
But it is available with a bit of digging

Something else to note about this is how many failures this POS had with his AR
Opportunities for someone knowledgable with firearms to take a bad guy down during such an incident

Looks like the stream just hit LL for the fifth or sixth time today
I wonder how long it will stay up this time

Some in the leftist main stream media have blamed President Trump. Not sure how far around the bend they had to go to blame the President of the United States for a mass shooting in New Zealand but they got there. I feel for the innocents that were killed and their loved ones left behind.

Apparently, there are politicians here that are also blaming the NRA. Not sure how that's possible, but . . .
The only thing that stops a bad guy with a gun is a good guy with a gun. The NRA failed to provide the requisite good guy with a gun, so it's obviously their fault.

I watched the video. Unless you’re used to seeing actual real humans dying and crying out their last words I wouldn’t recommend it. Very sobering. That said, the thing that I took away from this is how many peoples first reaction is to fling themselves in the corner of the wall and floor and hope for the best. At one point he enters a room where everybody is huddled on top of each other and just rapid fires into the pile. Awful. It’s amazing how fast things went bad and how casual this psycho was. I think I’ll go to the range tomorrow and pray to god I don’t have the same instinct if my time comes. Those people clearly didn’t deserve that.

Train to fight back or train to die.
The shooter is an oxygen thief who accomplished all his goals of not only the random murders but fomenting discord and discontent internationally. AO-C, that liberal POS has already been making mouth noises.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back