Man, I hate this gun

Don't know if the current models of the AR7 are as good as the original, but the Armalite versions were just fine, in all regards.
Can't understand why the 1980s Charter version was so bad.
All they had to do was copy the danged thing.

How about a Glisenti 1910 9mm? Paid $50 for it with a holster, 2 mags and 100 rounds of ammo. Couldn't hit a bull in the butt at 5 feet with the thing. Tried shooting ground squirrels with it, couldnt hit one at anywhere from 5-15 feet. Fired half the ammo before I quit trying out of frustration/amusement. I sold it for $50 and good riddance.

I think that firearms are kinda like your kids. You just have to learn to love them and accept them for what they are. :rolleyes:

I've bought guns that were someone elses nightmares, and tinkered with them until I came to love them, (as would the former owner).

If you buy a true budget "Saturday night special" you must realize that it's gonna take special care to preform even adequately. If you buy a reputable model that seems to be a POS, it can usually be fixed.

I kind of specialize in buying other folks cast offs, and have made it a major part of my gun hobby. jd

Owned an Interarms Watlther PPK/S in the late 80's; tried to love it but it beat the heck out of my hand, sights were crap, and it kept biting the web of my hand. Sold it after a year. Bought an S&W PPK when they came out because I forgot about my first experience. Not any better the second time around. So sad.

Like Old Bill Dibble, I'd have to put my experience with the Heritage Rough Rider at the top of the list. Exactly the same reasons as him too. Felt cheap, shot awful no matter what ammo I used. Was glad to trade it in.

The other for me is also a Bersa. I bought the Bersa Thunder CC as my first CCW gun. It bites, pinches, hurts to shoot and wore out the slide stop within 400 rounds. Never was able to make a load for it that made it comfortable for me to practice with. Like someone else said, it sits in the safe cause I just don't feel right selling it to some poor soul.

I think that firearms are kinda like your kids. You just have to learn to love them and accept them for what they are.

I haven't sold off any of my kids. Although there have been times when I was tempted.

Of the guns that I have owned -

#1 was a Ruger Mark II. Never ever ran reliably for me and was a PITA to disassemble and reassemble (and I do not mind the work, but come on), which compounded my dislike for it. It was my first pistol so that may explain some things. Note that I presently own a Mark III 22/45, but there is a specific reason for that; and oh it shoots wonderfully without a hiccup even though it too is a PITA in the maintenance department.

#2 was a Colt Government Series 80. Extractor/ejector/whatever issues that I could never satisfactorily resolve. Beautiful pistol, nice accuracy, but PIMA. I "hated" it because I wanted so much to love it. It just didn't love me.

Colt Commander

Had a 70's buff nickel Colt Commander in .45 ACP. That cursed thing would just not run reliably. I bought a ton of different magazines and factory FMJ ammo,and it was massaged over by two competent 1911 guys, and it still never ran right. Sold it for a substantial loss, and am glad it is gone.

Back