Man, I hate this gun

Have never had a junk Ruger or any other firearm.

It was a thoroughly mediocre gun and an incredibly stupid design. You shouldn't need a mallet, dowel and a paper clip to take apart a gun.
As friend of mine expressed similar dislikes abut a Kimber he bought. I asked him how it shot and he said he wouldn't shoot such a piece of junk. I then asked him why he bought it, in the first place? He just gave me one of those looks. ....... :rolleyes:

I am a Ruger fan and even at that, I have to admit that a few of their firearms have fallen short of my expectation. Most of my problems were due to my lack of "doing my homework". I have never had a Ruger or any other firearm that I thought was junk, just didn't fit the bill. ....... :rolleyes:

A another friend of mine, asked me to clean his Mac-10. Wow, was sure glad to get it out of my shop and he loved shooting it. ..... :confused:

Be Safe !!!

Mine is a Remington 597, it was the $150 package deal with a scope my wife got me for my birthday back in 2006. Back when 22lr was cheap and plentiful, I used to go through a brick every trip to the range through my other 22lr guns just for fun. That thing would not print a group smaller than 6" at 25yards.

When I got it I was stationed at Ft. Benning GA and would shoot at the range on post. The first time I shot it the guy next to me looked at my target and laughed and started giving me shooting tips like I was a newbie. I said I swear its the gun, not me. I did another off hand group of 10 shots at 25 yards and still it was a shotgun pattern at best. I did another group from the bench and it was the same.

He said let me see the gun and his group was the same 6" random pattern. We tore the gun down completely and couldnt find anything visibly wrong with it. I shot 5 different ammo brands out of it, they all sucked.

I don't have the conscience to ever sell it so it just sits in the safe, unused.

Not hate yet; I'm trying to love my SIG P226. I know it's a great gun. But somehow, some way, I just can't shoot it accurately. I shoot Berettas, Glocks, S&W's, CZ's, Springfields, etc just fine. But so far, my groups with that SIG won't tighten up -- it just doesn't fit me apparently. I'll try for a while more, and I won't really hate it, but if it stays this way I'll be terribly sad and sell it.

Remington 597. I don't have that much experience with it but a friend with the heavy barrel 'tacticool' version found it positively did not like Federal copper washed bulk ammo (too bad because we got a good deal on a bunch of it...the Federal shoots fine in several other rifles and handguns).

The 597 DID like the bulk lead nose ammo from several manufacturers. Sad, because it seems that ammo, while cheap, seems to have a lot more quality control problems as in more than an occasional failure to fire even with a good solid primer strike.

Shrug.

.22's can be the real divas of the shooting world. (And quality control of .22 ammo seems to have slipped some...understandable with incredible demand for the stuff.)

Aguila Blanca said:
Ruger 22/45.

Spent a bunch of money on spare magazines and upgrades. Still couldn't make myself like it.
Was it the MkIII version or the original MkII version?

I had a MkII 22/45, and it had a decent trigger and was reasonably accurate, but I never warmed up to the cheap and clammy-feeling smooth plastic grip. It also suffered chronic FTE's with virtually every brand of SV ammo I ever tried in it. Sold it with no regrets.

Ironically, I now have a standard MkII that I love.

Wow.

Never had a gun I hated.

I traded off two because I never used them, a CZ 550 FS in 243 Win and a Weatherby Orion Grade III over and under 20 ga that I bought for my wife that sat in the cabinet for 12 years.

It was a thoroughly mediocre gun and an incredibly stupid design. You shouldn't need a mallet, dowel and a paper clip to take apart a gun.

My first pistol was/is a Ruger MK III Target. I love it, great gun, great trigger, very accurate. Field stripping it - yes, a PITA but the joy of shooting it makes up for it in my case.

I don't which I hated more my Heritage Rough Rider or my AMT Hardballer.

The Heritage had an MOA of 6' at 25 yards.

The AMT visited two different competent gunsmiths and still could not make it through a magazine without a stovepipe.

Both seemed like good ideas at the time, horrible execution. Both are long gone now but you remember the big disappointments.

Mosin Nagant M91/30

I don't see how a stock can contain so much oil. I scrubbed it until it looked like a piece of driftwood, and then it just re-oiled itself until it was just as greasy before. Mineral spirits and the like don't even touch it. No, the garbage bag and paper towels trick doesn't make any difference either. It would probably burn like a candle for at least a couple years if I used it for firewood.

And it has the famous sticky bolt. You pretty much need a mallet to work the action. Even after hardcore chamber scrubbing. And polishing.

I only paid $65 for it back in the day, so I didn't get ripped off too badly.

I figure it'll make a cool wall hanger someday.

CZ-75's.

I bought into the internet hype and purchased one. I liked it enough at 1st to end up with a 2nd one in a different configuration. After a few hundred rounds they both started failing to function properly. I ended up spending money to have every spring in the guns and magazines replaced as well as extractors. They were no longer inexpensive guns.

Triggers were terrible, the beavertail is poorly designed and the slide inside the frame design makes it much harder to manipulate the slide. Most over rated guns made.

A recent version of the M&P 9FS.

Sights were way off from the factory, trigger was spongy and accuracy was horrendous (verified by having several people shoot the thing). Sold it for a loss and was glad to be rid of it.

Paraordnance, double-stack .45 with a 3" barrel. I forget the designation. It jammed frequently and, as a novice shooter at the time, I hated the recoil (thus exacerbating the cycling failures). The firing pin also had a tendency to stick out which caused further feeding problems. At the time I didn't realize how unsafe that pistol could have been.

The Glock "hate" thing with me is just about compatibility, I guess. I take up the gun, put the target on-sight, and feel like I've just got the wrong gun in my hand.

No true reason. So I don't buy them any more.

anything made by kel-tec.

I bought the sub 2000 and thought it was the coolest thing until I got home to shoot it. plastic wiggly front sight, crap trigger, failure to eject and you have to keep it soaked in oil to get it to run smoothly. and the gun, when folded into its compact position, locks into the sight post! wth kel-tec. get your crap straight and make something that works!

traded it for a bunch of ammo for various guns:D

Charter Arms AR-7 "survival" 22. Great concept, poor execution. Pot metal and stamped steel POS.

Anything from Rossi. At one point I had five different Rossis, but I got tired of fiddling with them and sold them all except one 22 revolver. It functioned acceptably so I kept it so I could take it apart and see the crudely made internals in the unlikely event I got an urge to buy another.

natman said:
Charter Arms AR-7 "survival" 22. Great concept, poor execution. Pot metal and stamped steel POS.
Agreed. I was with my pal once when she was looking at one in a pawn shop -- she wanted something for plinking. I told her "Not if you ever want to be seen in the woods with me." :p

Back