Man, I hate this gun

turtlehead

Mine was a Ruger MKIII. I tried to like it. Really, I did.

Put a lot of money into that thing only to hate it even more.

Sold it for a big loss and was finally free. :D

Have you had such a gun? Do you still have it?

This is not intended as a Ruger bashing thread. But if you would like to bash Ruger, feel free to do so. :D

I bought a Ruger Old Vaquero Bisley. Hated that thing. Also bought a Glock model 30. That is one gun I despised with a purple passion. Neither one stayed long

It was a thoroughly mediocre gun and an incredibly stupid design. You shouldn't need a mallet, dowel and a paper clip to take apart a gun.

Wow. I'm still a little pissed off about that steaming crap pile. :D

Sorry guy, but they just aren't that hard to reassemble if you just follow a couple easy steps......takes under a minute. The whole procedure just entails putting the hammer strut in the proper position.....not a big deal.
Do it as the directions tell you and you won't have to call it names and get all worked up about it.

There were others, but the most recent was a Rohm RG30.

What an utter piece of garbage.

Knowing that they weren't the highest quality, I bought it in "parts gun" condition, because the hand spring wasn't working and the owner thought parts were missing.
It turned out that the "missing" parts were just floating around in other parts of the action. :rolleyes:

Got it working.
Did a little tuning to get timing a little more predictable and reliable.
Shot some groups that actually impressed me.
And the the bloody thing started locking up on every double-action trigger pull. I never figured out why it locked up, or what fixed it; but fully disassembling the lock work, reassembling, and then firing only in single-action avoided the problem. Nothing was out of place. Nothing was visibly catching, snagging, or interfering. It was just, somehow, locking up if fired DA even once.

Complete pile of garbage.
But, not to worry...
It won't make anyone mad, ever again. The frame will be used as a target, and the 'unregulated' parts sold for whatever the market will bear.
The barrel, alone, is worth more than I have (had) into the whole revolver, and I have plenty of other parts to sell along with it:

attachment.php

Attachments

• Rhom_800.jpg
    Rhom_800.jpg
    125.6 KB · Views: 1,034
Rossi Taurus 22/410 single shot rifle.

Bought it as a trainer. (22lr barrel) Could barely hit a paper plate at 20 yards with open sites. Got a red dot for compactness. Got better but still sucked. Finally got irritated and threw on a random take off tasco scope.

Somehow it went from a steaming pile to gold. At the range you couldn't wrestle it away from my wife. And I have offered to buy her far better rifles for double or triple the dollars and she won't have it.

Yes, Glock 17. I hate the trigger and I'm not very accurate with it. Yes, it's tough as nails and 100% reliable. After 25+ years of owning it, I still have it and shoot it occasionally just to remind me what it is I really don't like about it.

Bersa Thunder .380. It failed on me the first time taking it out to shoot after buying it new. Cost me forty bucks and had to wait over a month to receive it back after sending it in for warranty repair. After obtaining numerous other handguns, it became obvious to me how poor the quality and finish was on the pistol :mad:

I won’t say I so much hated it as I never really liked it and that was a Springfield Armory XD. The gun was reliable and ok from an accuracy standpoint, but never felt right in my hand. I’m sure they’re good guns and I have SA 1911s that I like, but the XD just didn’t work for me.

Back in the 1960's I hunted with a Savage combination gun. 22LR barrel on top of a 20 gauge with extra full choke. It swung poorly for a shotgun and was very difficult to hit running or flying animals with it. Eventually it was traded for a single barrel Iver Johnson in 16 gauge with a shortened barrel. In other words, no choke at all. My hitting ability rose substantially with that shotgun.

Jack

Ruger Red Label O/U in 28 gauge. Three trips back to Ruger, replaced all the parts three times; still not fixed, went away after the third time as-is. One product line they failed at....TWICE!

A Tec9 knockoff that was horrible on brass and accuracy. It was semi only, so there really wasn't a fun factor, just a look. It didn't stay with me long.

A Colt .22 conversion unit for a 1911. It had the floating chamber.

Strangely the thing shot best with standard velocity Remington .22LR.

If you used cheap (lead) .22 the floating chamber got jammed up with lead shaved off the bullets in less than 50 rounds. Strangely (again) with the floating chamber jammed up and NOT floating at all the gun still fired and cycled.

At best, it was nowhere near as accurate as a Ruger Mark Anything.

Mine to hate was an Italian clone of the CZ, before CZs were available in the US.
It started out fine and dandy and quickly deteriorated to just about useless within 1,000 rounds.
Besides being troublesome, it was also very poorly made upon really close examination as I was trying to figure out the problems.
Needless to say, there will never be another one from those folks around here.
Junque is Junk.

Huh?

I don't understand the Ruger Mark III hate or any reason to spend a lot of money on one. I bought the bushing to remove the magazine disconnect and replaced the extractor. That corrected my objections to the gun. It is accurate and reliable. If you have any mechanical aptitude at all, it's not difficult to disassemble or reassemble if you pay attention to detail and follow instructions.

I've never hated any gun I have had but I do have some I like more than others. I try to research before I spend my money.

Mine to hate was an Italian clone of the CZ, before CZs were available in the US.
It started out fine and dandy and quickly deteriorated to just about useless within 1,000 rounds.
Besides being troublesome, it was also very poorly made upon really close examination as I was trying to figure out the problems.

Who was the maker? I can't imagine you are referring to the Tanfoglios.

I had a target model bull barrel MkIII. A great shooter, superb grips, extremely accurate. I traded it off a couple of years ago. Just got tired of constantly fighting the reassembly of the gun after cleaning it. Did it quite a few times and never really got more skilled at it. I knew I had to follow the instructions exactly and always believed I did. It became too frustrating and then became history.

Turtlehead summed it up very well in his comment about the mallet and paper clip.

If you have any mechanical aptitude at all, it's not difficult to disassemble or reassemble if you pay attention to detail and follow instructions.

Not sure where you're getting I said I had trouble with this. I can disassemble and assemble every one of my guns without issue.

It IS a crap design, though.

It's like the folks who defend all the shortcomings with Glocks. "It goes bang every time!" You just want to pat them on the head and make sure they wear a helmet every time they leave the house.

Back