Lucky Gunner has new series on "MOuSE GuNs"

Truncated cone round for the 25acp and 32acp

There are several FP FMJ rounds for the 380, so tha caliber is covered.

I think a truncated cone FMJ round with the bullet weight slightly reduced to raise the velocity to 1,000 fps would set both the 25 and 32 acp up with a more destructive bullet shape and deep straight line penetration.

I'm tired of a premise that comes up in these debates summed up by

"I'll stick with a full size Glock or Magnum revolver"

That is fine. Its a wonderful conclusion and for those who chose it a fine choice. But what premise does it imply? That somehow those guarantee success while a "mouse gun" doesn't. With respect to the "you don't understand risk analysis" argument which frankly I still see as too narrowly defining the risk one should prepare for to the point of being a card stacking argument there is a good chance that you will never need ANY gun in civilian life. There is an even better chance if you do need a gun ANY gun will result in the same outcome.

Are there scenarios where a full size Glock will result in a better outcome than a mouse gun? Yes there are. But, IMO, those scenarios are over hyped by various gun games.

Carry a gun, be competent with the gun you carry, and chose a gun that you can carry in a manner that you will actually be carrying it should you need it.

Nope, never said that. I like the 44 Special alot, the 45 Colt. I have no use for the 38 Special. If for whatever reason that is all you can handle, carry on.

It is sometimes more a matter of what a person prefers than what they can handle. I have no problem handling 357 or 44 or 44 mag or 45LC or 45AR or 45acp and own handguns in all those formats but prefer 38 S&W, 38 Special, 9mm Kurz, 9mm Mak and 9mm Parabellum.

No matter what it is, a Big Gulp, or just a 7oz glass of water, there will always be the bigger the better crowd. No matter that many 380 cartridges meet the FBI defense standards.
For myself, the 380 is for small guns and I could care less what some 357 guy say's strutting around the range. It works for me, I trust it. Yes, I carry other guns and calibers as well. But for a pocket gun, they make mighty fine defensive tool.

Last edited:
Thank you, Lohman-for stating what I was thinking.
It seems to be very difficult to converse about guns with men. They all consider themselves natural-born experts on guns and calibers.

No matter what it is, a Big Gulp, or just a 7oz glass of water, there will always be the bigger the better crowd. No matter that many 380 cartridges meet the FBI defense standards.
For myself, the 380 is for small guns and I could care less what some 357 guy say's strutting around the range. It works for me, I trust it. Yes, I carry other guns and calibers as well. But for a pocket gun, they make mighty fine defensive tool.
Yeah, when I see all those who drive in Ford Super Duty's and Chevy Heavy Duty's with nothing in the bed or being towed, I ask myself why they're not driving a Ford Ranger or Chevy Colorado because when it comes down to it, they're both empty trucks. It's the notorious BIG concept, gotta feel superior.

I'm happy with my Taurus PT-22, driving my 4.6L small block V8 2WD F150 driving to go look at a Geo Metro that gets 50 mpg and is so small I could put in a shed during winter.

HVR - That's a nice Sig! I have an ugly one that was a police trade-in, but it's still a good shooter. It's a much more elegant and refined pistol than my Beretta 84 or my Makarov.

We are going around in in circles with the same old arguments.

Unless you have something new to say, rather than announcing that you are correct in your analysis with the same old arguments, let's let it die.

No need to keep this on trucking with critiques of various masculine display behavior.

Hint!

Training with a 22.cal

I love the Pocket guns and I love training with them. Contrary to most folks. Shooting a short barrel pistol or revolver is indeed different than shooting a full size gun, no matter how you cut it.
Short barrel pistols and revolvers take diligent training for the specific size.
I put a lot of rounds each month through a Pocket gun in 380. However I put about 4 times that much shooting a small short barrel.
My favorite are the Phoenix HPA 22 and the LCR22. This training helps out considerable. The Phoenix is a wonderful gun, very reliable and great for fast action training. The LCR22 the same, and a great aid for training with my LCR9mm.

Target distance 7 yds

Review the video from the Mouse gun Lucky Gunner.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qv7IfL1TeqI

Below is a typical target taken with shooting double taps. Litterally shooting as fast as I could pull the trigger. I felt I was actually shooting before my eyes landed on the different target. UP, DOWN, CENTER AND MIX IT UP, RAPID FIRE AS FAST AS YOU CAN PULL THE TRIGGER. Really helps with point and shoot skills.
Later would do the same with a small Pico 380,

The goal is to move for one target to the other as fast as possible. Double tap, top, then bottom, one to top one to bottom and mixed it up.

ecYfMTh.jpg
RN8kb4u.jpg
V3cfVEl.jpg

Last edited:
Back