Love at first grip...

What three pistols of either current or past ownership, whether semi-automatic or revolver, felt perfect in your hand the very first time you ever held one?

For me this is easy. In order;
1) HK P30, Made in Area 51 by aliens, the perfect grip and controls. The design plus interchangable panels should fit anyone.
2) Sig P230/232 with several types of grip available, they all feel made for my hand.
3) Beretta 84 with Farrer grip panels. Rare but worth the hunt. I love that gun.

:eek: Just got the Steyr C9-A1....on a nice sale at a military base in town.
Like Cyanide said luv at first grip. Those trapazoid sights are awesome as well....dont even get me started on the trigger...excellent...maybe 4 pounds.
Rented the glock 19, xdm 9, m&p 9 and SR9C...the trigger and sights makes imho the winner...all awesome guns though.:)
My wife loves that G43..... Way better now that Talon is on

I only have two, thus far. Number 1 is my CZ P07. Number 2 is the Bersa BP9cc. I don't own one yet, but there is a used one at my local range and it has almost followed me home on more than one occasion. I like my PT111 G2, but I can't say it is as nice a fit as the others. Having big hands can suck sometimes.

All of them. I have yet to hold a pistol or revolver that didn't feel good in the hand.

However, in keeping with the spirit of the OP's question, if I absolutely had to choose one, it would be the Beretta PX4 Storm. That grip more than any other just feels awesome in my hand.

1. And always will be number 1, Ruger MK11.
2. Lew Horton 3 inch 624.
3. This one will sound strange but a Glock 26 with a 15 round G17 mag and with a Xgrip boot.

I'm seeing a lot of votes for the CZ pistols, and I'll add another.
CZ75. Perfect out of the box, no swapping of grip panels or backstraps needed.

And the Sig Trailside .22.

The first handgun I ever held was my father's RR 1911A1. It just felt so right as a young boy fascinated by guns, and it still does now that it's mine 45 years later.

My wife's 92FS with Hogue wrap-around grips is one of the most natural pointing and feeling guns I have ever held.

My Hammerli Trailside with target grips settles nicely in my hand, and feels like it belongs there.

Last edited:
Being a revolver guy and a Smith and Wesson fan, my choices are easy. All are round butt K frames. 2 1/2" M -19, M-66, and a 3" M-65. Are are small enough for discrete carry, but all three feel like a real gun in my hand. As good a revolver as they are my J frames just don't have the same reassuring feel, of the K frames.

This one seems to fit my hand like a bespoke item:

IOSAj9p.jpg

The sights are tiny, but that doesn't matter too much, if I close my eyes and bring the gun up, when I open them the sights are in almost perfect alignment anyway!

Even better with the other set of grips I've got, like these:

ktQgHa6.jpg

Unfortunately, while better for shooting, not quite as good for concealment!

Back