Looking to buy my first HD shotgun

Dreaming-- You gotta spend another $20 to $40 just to make a gun right!!!

One would think that the maker knowing that the plastic crap safety should be made of metal would make that change not the buyer.

That problem with the safety of the Mossberg is pretty common and is something that a Mossberg owner should replace with a metal button before it breaks. It runs $20 to $40 dollars depending on where you get it and if you get just he switch or all the springs.
p_080000564_1.jpg

I've never heard that before, and never had a problem with the two I have. One combo with 28" barrel & reg butt stock on and one cruiser with pistol grip. I've also not had any problems with recoil on the pistol grip either. Just lucky I guess ??
Although I'm sure a metal safety switch would be better. If it ain't broke don't fix it is my philosophy

GaryCW, I am not saying that the broken plastic safety on a Mossberg occurs on all of them but that it is fairly common and isn't a great expense to correct. That you have never heard of it is a bit surprising. Me, I have an 870 but don't know the Mossbergs - even when some Mossberg fans try to make a big deal over the need to polish chambers of the 870 Express. It cost me about $8 for some steel wool and a wooden dowel.

If the gun is for self defense, you may want to get that metal safety.

Jaguar. I agree that it is odd that Mossberg doesn't just put a metal safety on their guns. It might cost $.75. Than again, why doesn't Remington simply correct its problem with rough chambers in the 870 Express? Go figure.

Back