Looking for opinions - traditional DA semis

The P30 isn't that great either. HK is known for not best triggers. I found my P30L V3 had that problem. DA with a long reach that goes all the way back (hard to keep your finger in that position for that long) and a SA with a terrible reset. An $80 Grey Gun part only gives you 30% reduction in reset. They are going cheaper right now.

Thunder Pro modeled after the HIGHLY regarded Walther P88 never gets mentioned. Good thought. Used to be cheap too. But the metal Thunder got replaced with the TPR...I think...

But look at the bersa website right now. Import change and no functioning website. Nope.

Last edited:
I don't know how much we'll see the Sig SP2022. The 2022 part is the service end date. But it was pretty competitive with holster, 3 mags, and night sights for $389 at Topgunsupply. When they stopped selling them, they kept going up in price. Sometimes they were fighting bottom pricing of the big gun market at $350. Total joke at current $600 pricing.

Market didn't like them before...I doubt Sig put much into it going forward.

The P30 isn't that great either. HK is known for not best triggers. I found my P30L V3 had that problem. DA with a long reach that goes all the way back (hard to keep your finger in that position for that long) and a SA with a terrible reset. An $80 Grey Gun part only gives you 30% reduction in reset. They are going cheaper right now.

Thunder Pro modeled after the HIGHLY regarded Walther P88 never gets mentioned. Good thought. Used to be cheap too. But the metal Thunder got replaced with the TPR...I think...

But look at the bersa website right now. Import change and no functioning website. Nope.

The TPR9 is definitely in the mix now. I can get it domestically. Thanks for suggesting it.

Research heavily for reviews.

Bersa kinda vanished when their single stack BP9 was announced and it took forever to see one.

I think the TRP9s were mentioned in 2018 and I can honestly say I've never heard anyone mention owning one online. The Thunder 9 (not true P88 clone) wasn't without issue either, but you might have something you like with the TPR9.

Good luck!

Research heavily for reviews.

Bersa kinda vanished when their single stack BP9 was announced and it took forever to see one.

I think the TRP9s were mentioned in 2018 and I can honestly say I've never heard anyone mention owning one online. The Thunder 9 (not true P88 clone) wasn't without issue either, but you might have something you like with the TPR9.

Good luck!

Well Wild Cat, your recommendation led to the winner, the Bersa TPR9c. It ticked all the boxes to include being fully ambi. To top it off, I found it in FDE. (The picture is of the TRP9.). The reviews on it are great (I watched Sootch00 and Colion Noir) and the price point beat all competitors. My past experience with the Thunder 9 Pro and the Thunder 380 Combat added to my confidence in this choice. It takes Sig sights, so there is a clear upgrade path. Thank you for reminding me to look at this. Everybody in this thread was very helpful. This was my first thread on TFL. I'm very happy here. A range report will follow.
4c9fb84bd2c8a3a4a49670bcecf4b418.jpg

I've always had the feeling that the Bersa line across the board was one of the most under appreciated brands out there. Mind you I have only owned the Thunder, Thunder cc and Thunder Plus all in .380 so my personnel experience is limited.
I do like and demand SA/DA pistols and I think Bersa's current line is only in that format. There are some other useful features depending on the model. Whoo boy, that TPR9 is some punkin.

Last edited:
So I found out why there are issues with getting Bersa equipment in the US. Earlier this year, they changed distributors to Talon Distributors out of Georgia. That's why the Eagle Imports website didn't work. Oh, and I found a picture of the TPR9c in FDE
2ed908d90b91f2e32f565522dec3f485.jpg

Looking for opinions-traditional DA semis

I would favor the CZ 75 compact with the 14 rd mag. very nice compact and
great fit in the hand.

Dao- s&w 6946. Imo.

Thanks. I'm not huge on DAO. I had a Walther P99 and a Canik TP9 DA. I think that DAO is fine for a duty pistol bit this is going to spend most of its time at the range. I like to shoot 200-300 rounds in a session and my old arthritic hands don't enjoy hundreds of pulls on a 10# trigger.

Back