looking for new 22lr

10/22 is just to common for my taste. It's like the inevitable 68 red with white stripe Camaro at a car show. Chances are you'll see a dozen of them. Not very reliable either in my experience. The 4 25 round mags I've fired through a 10/22 all had one or more hangups along the way.

Now that I've got the correct ammo choice, my PPS is more reliable than that by far. And they get awful reviews. It's also far cooler looking and much rarer.

New built by Remington Marlin's just suck. Only reason imo for the existence of GunBroker is buying Marlin built Marlin's.
Get a pre safety Marlin 39a. Reliable and accurate. But try to find one you can try before buying. Armslist let's you contact the sellers directly and search locally. Start there, don't be afraid to post a WTB ad if you don't see what you want.

Just saw a Savage ad for a new A22, .22LR semi-auto with a user-adjustable "match-grade" AccuTrigger, 10-round rotary magazine, "precision button-rifled barrel.

It comes with scope blocks on the receiver, but I can't tell from the photo whether it has a steel receiver.

I hope it's as good as they say it is. Maybe there will be tests in the next magazines.

Today 04:18 PM
Model12Win Marlin 60.

Shoots rings around any box stock factory Ruger I've yet to see.

Just don't spray then with brake cleaner..

What!?!?! No brake cleaner ) ; but i love brake cleaner...

Another vote for the CZ-512,,,

Another vote for the CZ-512.

I just wanted a fun rifle (range toy) so I ordered a CZ 512 Carbine,,,
I liked it so much I ordered the 512 Rifle as well.

I don't know what it is but I shoot the rifle much better than any other I own.

I'm into my third bulk pack of cheap ammo,,,
Not one failure so far.

Aarond

Marlin Mod 60 or it's Western Auto look alike, both made by Marlin. Other than a couple handgun's the only 22 LR rifle I have is the mod 62A Winchester pump. I don't know how well it shoot's, don't shoot it much but I wouldn't trade it for ten mod 60's. It does not have a way to mount a scope. I am mostly a bolt action fan and I'd love to have a Rem 541S. That is one beautiful rifle. No idea haw well they shoot either but I'd bet it's better than I can!

I had an old model 62A! my brother and I used to plink at cigarette buts at 75 yards from a -CENSORED--CENSORED--CENSORED--CENSORED- position. it was a good rifle - not target grade but it was accurate enough for anything you shoot with a 22.
I gave it to my son and he traded it for a transmission for his Bronco. It was the second rifle I ever bought, $5 complete. I liked the lack of a disconnecter on it. You could hold the trigger back and shoot "rifleman" style. Oh yea, less than $10 for 500 rounds of long rifle ammo and a day of plinking out under the power lines. Those days are gone!

Back