Loading M2 in 30-06?

Totally agreed. I generally do around 1%, which in this case would have been 0.5g, but I will go up or down by 0.1g depending on whether I think the over all jumps are too large or small. For 223 I usually do 0.3g jumps because I feel 0.2g jumps are too fine to see much of a difference and it takes forever to work up. for 30-06 my got to has always been 0.4g simply because 0.5g covers ground far too fast and I feel I lose some resolution.

Last edited:
There is usually 10% difference between min and max in the manual. So 1% step is quite ok. 10 rounds I basically know where I want to be and where to avoid. BTW, I identify the spot with MV instead of charge in grains. When temperature varies, I adjust the powder charge trying to go back to the MV sweet spot.

-TL

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Shadow9mm said:
One other thing to consider is some barrels are just faster than others.

They are. Just remain cognizant of the fact that, as with a higher powder burn rate, the bullets are faster because the fast powder or the fast barrel makes the pressure higher. This is why you got a sticky bolt lift below what Hodgdon considers a middling load.

Back