LIVE! from the Stand, Season 2!

This was my favorite thread last, year.

Some if you may recall that I am usually the night shift on Live From The Stand. Last night was no exception, I was coyote hunting and got busted. I was great fun, however, to mimic the coyote that was selling me out. I was copying his every sound for over two hours and he was very agitated at it. Sounded like he was 75yd but wouldn't show himself......I know that I educated that coyote but it was kinda fun interacting with it. I really got under his skin, so I couldn't stop my self from teasing him...I shoulda recorded the conversation lol. Oh well, it's better than no action....first night out this fall, I promise some dead pig Picts or coyotes this fall and winter.

Brian, I plan on going 10-8 tomorrow morning. It's going to be rough, working a 4-12 tonight then getting up at 5. Ouch!

Eeewwww.

I hate morning hunts anyway, with that little sleep it really sucks.

I rarely hunt in the morning and so don't have any good morning spots, without good spots I find it difficult to get motivated to get up at 430am, without getting up and going I don't find any good spots....

Self fulfilling prophecy, kind of thing.

Well after 5 hrs of sleep I made it to the blind before sun up this morning. Feeder went off at 7:40. South wind and about 55 deg. Hope to see something...

Would you believe I didn't see a thing? Back in the blind this evening. It's calm and 87 deg. Kinda warm. But I still have high hopes for something to show this evening.

It's 6:30......and I find myself checking in on you before we head to the woods with a load of stands to set up. As the season gets going this could get really time consuming!

Here I am again, in the photo below, the triangular open area to the right is my dads camp. On the lower edge is a field the deer head for before dark. I'm sitting just outside a stand of hemlocks along an old logging trail. Blow downs should direct deer within range. Major down side today is wind. Running 15-20+.

4eqa5u6e.jpg

Found this guy on the way in. :-)

aga4a8a8.jpg

Last edited:
Don't feel bad. I didn't see a single thing sat morning or evening. On 919 acr on the red river that's strongly regulated and for our deer herd. Makes me think they are still up and moving only at night. I was so frustrated I stayed at home Sunday and did a cam swap in my 74 c10 haha

Ok, I'm back at it!
Same tree as last night, lets hope for different results!

Here's a panorama shot, about 270dg around my tree from SW TO SE. I have no idea how it will look being sent by TapaTalk. :)

vebybude.jpg

I hate morning hunts anyway, with that little sleep it really sucks.

I rarely hunt in the morning and so don't have any good morning spots, without good spots I find it difficult to get motivated to get up at 430am, without getting up and going I don't find any good spots....
Brian, I'm just the opposite. I hate the idea of killing something right at dark then having to track it at night, recover it, then spend half the night cleaning it.

If you are cheap and have never purchased tapatalk :) such as I ;), another free app can do that easily lol. Just helping those that don't wanna pay.

If you are cheap and have never purchased tapatalk :) such as I ;), another free app can do that easily lol. Just helping those that don't wanna pay.

I use the free version. I just wish the phone itself gave the option to reduce the file size.

Brian, I'm just the opposite. I hate the idea of killing something right at dark then having to track it at night, recover it, then spend half the night cleaning it.

I do hate tracking in the dark. Not as much as I hate 430am though. :D

Back