Life Post-Ammo Shortage #1 & #2

I think the official rate of inflation during from 2008 to 2017 was artificially low because of the depressed value of homes and real estate in a housing market collapse and the sudden glut in oil supplies. The jump in ammo and component prices more closely reflected the actual rate of inflation.
We even had a period of "negative inflation" but the people buying groceries, and new cars would never have guessed.

I found an online seller that was offering free shipping on orders of $200 or more and who was selling American Eagle 9mm for $214.50 per case. After the rebate, that's less than 17 cents per round. Not a bad deal at all for good quality brass-case practice ammo.

Target Sports USA will deliver a case of ammo (IIRC, ANY ammo) for free. I usually get Speer Lawman 9mm 124 FMJ for $199.90/1000 delivered. Good stuff in my guns.

You can now find it online but still nothing at my local walmart in years.
Im sure it comes in but it is never there when I visit.

22mag same situation it's been off the shelf for years.

Other ammo has came back, and if you wait for a good deal can get pricing that resembles something like before the shortage and price hikes.

22lr however does not seem to have recovered.

The last time I went into the nearby WalMart, .22 ammo was back on the shelves again, a sign that the crisis is pretty much over.

I was just at WM last night buying shoes.. we had a 3 day tax holiday for clothing and school supplies.

Hopefully the stock starts coming back around here, but it wasn't there last night.

I am finding 22 ammo everywhere. Anywhere from 4 cents to 7 cents a round. Haven't looked at Walmart. I do buy a bunch of ammo on line.

Joesixpack, not sure where you are in the buckeye but the Troy,Ohio Walmart has had 22mag and 22LR. Maybe it will eventually get to your part of the state. Happy hunting!!

I had about a three year supply of reloading supplies. I have kept up since availability and prices were back to almost normal and then bought some stuff. I have replenished my stock back to about a three supply.

Back