level of accuracy for IDPA

top of my head, i don't know. i could look it up.

was reading Tactical Journal some months ago, coverage of the indoor nationals i think, and Vogel again won overall, and either was also most accurate, or one point behind. he's fast AND accurate. be interesting to see the results from the worlds later this week (they are shooting this week).

that made an impression on me. i'm an old fart (over 50), i don't move like a 27 year old anymore, but i can make a point of not missing, and go whatever speed i go. keep telling myself: see the sights on the target before pulling the trigger!

4th place had me by 6 seconds.

1-DAB said:
Vogel again won overall, and either was also most accurate, or one point behind

heh...I specifically had Vogel in mind when I wrote that the most accurate rarely wins. It does happen occasionally, but not often.

Congrats on your fine finish!

many months ago, after i got my timer, and with the aid of my wonderful wife, i ran thru stage 3 of the classifier several times. going fast and then slower and aiming better....my scores were almost identical no matter how quickly i shot. well duh, instead of giving away points, slow down a bit and hit the zero! shot for record a few weeks later and improved my time on that stage by 10 seconds, mostly by shooting more accurately.

that little exercise helped convince me that shooting accurately is more doable than trying to hose targets and hoping for the best.

as i read elsewhere this week, the Marines define firepower as one hit, not 50 misses.

Quote:
However, the magazine and round limits make little sense.

The round limits are in line with a certain state that is prone to earthquakes. I believe the intent was to have one standard nationwide.

Where were you children 20 years ago?
When IDPA was organized in 1996, the 1994-2004 AWB was in effect.
Ten round magazines for American Commoners was THE LAW.

Oh, memories - when the ban was coming, a guy offered me a dealers bag of Glock mags for about 5 bucks over list. Told me they would be in short supply. I said No and only bought two extra. When they went to 120 bucks, each, I would have made a nice profit.

Oh, well.

Back