Let's see your safe queens

Is the barrel band on the wrong side of that Arisaka? 6.5 or 7.7. Reloading for it would get you safe ammo. PPU brass is available.

hornady still releases limited runs of the stuff, you can find it from time to time at grafs and cabelas(both 6.5 and 7.7).

BTW, Snappo, your SC 1903A3 looks an awful lot like a Finnish M39 to me. :D

Intrac Maadi & Mak90 both imported around 1993. I bought these a couple yrs ago, test fired and put away in the safe. I have a Yugo parts kit Ak I use as a beater.
maadinmakedit.jpg

Everything I own gets used. But I try to avoid abuse. Some rifles came to me in sad shape. Others were new or I rebuilt them and they mostly remsain pretty. I can post a couple favorites.

Took delivery on this recently. Only had a chance to shoot it once. There will be more.

standard.jpg

This was made in 1949. I bought it 6-7 years ago in unused since leaving the factory condition. I have shot it a few times.

standard.jpg

Built this about 20 years ago and have shot it a number of times. Still looks pretty good.

standard.jpg

Thread started with some SKSs so I'll add mine. Had it about 30 years.

standard.jpg

My Late date Finn M39 (sneak) dated 1968 wasn't supposed to be a safe queen but that's what it has become as of now I haven't shot it yet. Heck my Sako M39 hasn't been shot either. Below is a pic of that pretty "sneak" the day I got it. I really need to go let her stretch her legs. I have a Type 53, and a No 5. MK1 that has become safe queens too. I really need to do better.
c5b811f18c2bc10b1b16bd989cef4c95.jpg
2e4d4624557383dc503d9915c6a5ec98.jpg

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

tahunua001
Absolutely beautiful!!! The lower one is a Garand. What’s the upper…M14?
Beautiful furniture on the Japanese. WOW!!

Snappo
Gewehr-43 and the Garand are gorgeous!!!!

Nacho Man
I hear that. My Yugo is my beater but it is too nice to be a beater. Makes me sad! :P

SaxonPig
The 24 Mauser……..WOW!!!

deerslayer303
That’s beautiful!!! I want a M39 - Next year. Next year……..

tahunua001
Absolutely beautiful!!! The lower one is a Garand. What’s the upper…M14?
Beautiful furniture on the Japanese. WOW!
that would be the M1917. the wood on the japs gets a lot less pretty the more natural light you give them:D they were all used pretty hard at one point or another.

MASManIVsmall.jpg

I got a French MAS36 that has never been fired since built or Arsenal refinished . I paid $60 to BIG5 in ~ 2002.
It does have one scratch where a retreating soldier threw it down.

My friend painted his, with help from his wife.

I'll play. This is my 8mm Spandau Gew98. It's really only a safe Queen because of price and availability of ammo. I don't own a firearm that I cannot or do not shoot.

Attachments

• rps20160804_192111_287.jpg
    rps20160804_192111_287.jpg
    31.3 KB · Views: 46
Clark said:
I got a French MAS36 that has never been fired since built or Arsenal refinished . I paid $60 to BIG5 in ~ 2002.
It does have one scratch where a retreating soldier threw it down.

LMAO...that's funny as hell!!! :D

GarandTd said:
I'll play. This is my 8mm Spandau Gew98. It's really only a safe Queen because of price and availability of ammo. I don't own a firearm that I cannot or do not shoot.

Dear lord that's pretty!!!!

chuckscap said:
Not a safe queen, as I've gotten an elk, mule deer and 450 lb feral hog with it, but she is pretty.

NICE....that's a big pig!

got some more French culcha

Attachments

• MAS 36 Man I.jpg
    MAS 36 Man I.jpg
    58 KB · Views: 35
  • MAS 36 Man III.jpg
    MAS 36 Man III.jpg
    37.3 KB · Views: 30
Thanks Rich! Not quite as shiny and sparkly as those beautiful SKS's. My 1918 Mauser was sporterized at some point, the stock has a lot of blemishes, bit it is, I believe, the original. I can make out where wood filler was used in the cleaning rod holes and what not. Alotta of character on this grizzled old gun.

Back