Let's see your safe queens

Rich_357

Let's see those safe queens that you bought but refuse to shoot. Give them some daylight. ... :P

My collection is small but they are my babies. Top to bottom...
1951 Russian SKS - All matching non-refurb
1954 Russian SKS - All matching non-refurb
1956 Type 56 Ghost/Sterile - All matching except the stock.

IMG_20160705_201841_zpsn4uq33gs.jpg

My' racks and safes contain about 150 rifles and pistols....although some are fairly rare there is not a "Queen" amongst them, some are not shot often but all are shot .

My Chinese SKS is my safe queen, it was unissued and rarely gets shot. I bought it as more of an investment rather than a shooter, although it will ring some steel at 200 quite readily. :D

I don't take pictures of guns, cars, livestock, or farm equipment. It seems sort of weird. Dead deer and/or big fish-maybe.

I have no safe queens but have to say those are pretty

Thanks man, they make me smile! :) I got a deal on the Type 56 and was shocked at the condition; the guts were still full of cosmoline. I had several Russians bought out from under me and finally decided on the 54 on GunBroker. She’s pretty and has been shot; the barrel was dirty when she arrived. (I could shoot her). The 51 I found locally the day after the 54; it was in such good shape that I couldn’t turn it down. I’m pretty sure that she was unissued/never shot. That gold blade is as shiny as they come!

My Chinese SKS is my safe queen, it was unissued and rarely gets shot. I bought it as more of an investment rather than a shooter, although it will ring some steel at 200 quite readily.

Nice!! That’s my Yugo! :)

I don't take pictures of guns, cars, livestock, or farm equipment. It seems sort of weird. Dead deer and/or big fish-maybe.

No, not weird at all in today’s world! There are way too many crazy people on the internet! ;)

Not shoot a firearm? No way. Some get shot more than others but everything I buy gets shot. I just wish I could shoot them more often.

And what's the difference between shooting a 1977 Yugo SKS and and 1951 unissued Russian? No difference in the shot but the Yugo isn't going to lose much value. ;)

I understand and repect how old the rifle is and how rare they are becoming; I refuse to shoot it just so that I can have a hay day. No offense meant but that is that.:cool:

Actually, I am going to put a Tapco stock, a Tasco scope and a 30 round mag on her. I'm gonna go shoot some trees! :D

Last edited:
No safe queens here. If I own it, it gets shot. Maybe a few years between shooting some of them but they all get shot. Wait, I do have one of my Colt Series 70 guns which supposedly is still new in the original box. Never did shoot that gun but claiming new in box unfired is a hard challenge to meet. Anyway, I never shot that one. Obviously it isn't a rifle. No safe queen rifles here. :)

Ron

I shoot all my safe queens. they don't remain queens very long...
there's my american safequeens
20140517_144352_zps9e515282.jpg

The Japanese safe queens
100_1581_zps432df53b.jpg

and the fancy homemade safe queen.
100_1542_zps85d57c39.jpg

Those are nice.

That's a nice stock set on the ar.
I haven't seen one like that before.

Last edited:
most of the people that made wood furniture have since discontinued it. you have to cut the wood too thin to fit the AR platform and you end up with a really fragile product. the stock split from end to end, the handguards chipped and splintered and the pistol grip started separating... it's excellent for a safe queen but any amount of field use destroys it. I've since had to replace it with something more durable.

I have had sucess with the lucid stocks on mine, but they are a bench/prone rig and don't get used hard. they are more a A2 profile though.
Thanks for the reply.

Thanks

tahunua001 thanks for sharing your experience regarding wood stocks on ARs. I had considered purchasing something similar to that, but now I'm glad I didn't.

Oh God. Safe queens.

Gewehr-43 from Berlin-Lübecker Maschinenfabrik (they only made 20K). Never shot it.

20160719_165913-1899x1068.jpg

CMP M1 Garand (Springfield Armory) with low serial number. Shot it 2x. Great shooter.

20160718_182731-1899x1068.jpg

1903A3 Smith-Corona. Shot 1x.
i-wnF3DnX-X2.jpg

French MAS and Vichy France MAS. Never shot.
DSC_7776-1899x1034.jpg

SMLE in amazing condition. Shot it maybe 3x total in 15 years.
DSC_7796-X3.jpg

Arisaka with perfect chrysanthemum. Can't even find safe ammo, TBH.
i-9RZhZcc-X2.jpg

Back