LCP vs P365 pics

While I don't doubt the P320 influenced the P365, the P365 wasn't submitted for the recent service pistol competition and I'm not aware of a police department that issues the P365 as the primary duty weapon (maybe for plain clothes officer or detectives). This isn't me saying there is no difference between the LCP and the P365, I believe there is.

The SIG SAUER P365 gives Indiana State Police Troopers primary carry capabilities in a sub-compact configuration,” says Matt Bilkey, Lt. Colonel, Assistant Chief of Staff Operations, Indiana State Police. “Its high level of accuracy, small size, and high round capacity make it a perfect firearm for our officers, both on and off duty, and is a great counterpart to our primary duty firearm the SIG SAUER P227.

https://www.policemag.com/510876/in...-sig-sauer-p365-as-their-back-up-duty-firearm

As for our detectives, the P365 is the perfect pistol because of the small size and high-capacity which makes it easy to conceal without sacrificing rounds.

The Sumter Police Department is our first agency to simultaneously adopt both the P320 and the P365 pistols as their official duty firearms and we could not be more excited about it,"

https://www.policemag.com/363154/south-carolina-pd-transitions-to-sig-p320-and-p365-pistols

wild cat mccane

Millennial? Just curious as your last post lacks scale and perspective.

It is has been a great discussion and your pictures sparked it. They are great pictures.

Maybe next time just post them on a gallery instead of a discussion forum if you do not want discussion.

Welcome to The Firing Line (TFL), a virtual community dedicated to the discussion and advancement of responsible firearms ownership.

Another suggestion is to participate....including a dissenting opinion. That is a viable technique for discussion.

You are perfectly within your privy to say, "I do not agree!"

It is even better when you say, "I do not agree...AND HERE IS WHY."

That lends to even more discussion that we can all possibly learn something.

As you get more and more advanced, becoming better at discussion you will find that the ability to express all points of view and being entitled to the freedom of holding any point of view does not equate to all points of view being equal or even correct.

Simply put, if you stand for nothing...you will fall for anything!!

;)

I didn’t realize the LCP is that much smaller. I don’t think there’s anything difference between getting hit with a 380 or 9mm coming from short barrel. LCP can fulfill a role that P365 can’t, deep concealment while being equally effective ballistically

I don’t think there’s anything difference between getting hit with a 380 or 9mm coming from short barrel.

The trick is landing the hits. There is a reason why the sights are different. The design goals are different.

while being equally effective ballistically

They are not equally effective by design. They meet different design goals according to the manufacturers.

The LCP IAW Ruger's mission sacrifices size for combat capability. It is a hail mary back up weapon not intended as a primary and is a defensive firearm.

The SIG P365 retains combat capability in as small a package as practical to retain that combat capability.

It is capable of fulfilling the role of a primary duty firearm. The LCP is not.

Last edited:
I see what you are saying about “combat capability” of 365. You are saying that 365 is the most efficient design (size v capacity) that is still shooteable?

There’s truth to that. The 365 however cannot match the deep concealment capability of a LCP. While the LCP can almost shoot as well as the 365, the 365 can’t get down to the size of the LCP. There are many guns in the 365 category, not as many in LCP. I call that “combat capability” as well

The 365 however cannot match the deep concealment capability of a LCP.

Sure can't but it is not very far off of it either. It is personal choice but I run a P365 IWB Strong Side in shorts, t-shirt, and flip-flops all day every day.

You can pocket carry a P365 but it is not my choice. Some people do though!!

A quick google search will reveal a number of choices for pocket carry....

http://aliengearholsters.com/sig-p365-shapeshift-pocket-holster.html

https://clingerholsters.com/product/sig-p365-clipless-pocket-holster/

There are many guns in the 365 category,

Not really. The capacity/concealment capability was driven by engineering redesign of the magazine with the resulting patents.

Not sure how you are going to get that combination of concealment/capability with out it.

You are correct in there are many choices that match or are even better in one parameter or another. That is easy to find.

I will take an HK USP any day of the week in a pistol fight over the SIG P365. Unfortunately printing can get you in trouble and violates the CW laws of my state. It is just not as comfortable IWB, strong side, t-shirt, shorts, and flip flops, either.

The trick is the combination of concealability and capability.

Depending upon which source one chooses to study, the average number of rounds fired in a deadly encounter is between two and four. So the guy who likes to bet his life on averages would say that he is good to go with a five-shot, snub-nose revolver with no extra reload.

We carry extra ammunition to deal with all of those things that can go wrong when the shooting starts.

https://www.shootingillustrated.com...-self-defense-dont-bet-your-life-on-averages/

Nobody complains about bringing too many bullets to the fight. Not bringing enough will cause some complaining.

Thanks Davidsog.

Your prodigious tenure on this forum is something to aspire to.

I appreciate your pep talk.

:D

I think this is pretty worthless. I carried a P3AT in 2007. If someone doesn't like the LCP, that's great. But history is already written on it.

I'm just comparing the size of an LCP and a P365 because you'll notice...I asked this question like 3 weeks ago and no one had any comparison pics.

Thanks Davidsog.

Your prodigious tenure on this forum is something to aspire to.

I appreciate your pep talk.

:D

I think this is pretty worthless. I carried a P3AT in 2007. If someone doesn't like the LCP, that's great. But history is already written on it.

I'm just comparing the size of an LCP and a P365 because you'll notice...I asked this question like 3 weeks ago and no one had any comparison pics.
Just for info, since 'we' are reveling in the 'joy' of the Sig 365...and how it's considered a 'combat' pistol..

https://guntalk.com/news/guns/glock-43x-v-sig-p365
Another suggestion is to participate....including a dissenting opinion. That is a viable technique for discussion.

You are perfectly within your privy to say, "I do not agree!"

http://soldiersystems.net/2019/03/04/shield-arms-15-round-glock-43x48-magazine/

Flush fit..shorter than sig 365 with 12R..mmmm.....:)
What is this sorcery and witchcraft?
There is actually a lot of empty space in the G48 magazine. I was actually working on getting a CZ75 compact magazine to fit, but if these guys can actually mass produce it, then that would be a lot nicer.

Attachments

• maxresdefault.jpg
    maxresdefault.jpg
    217.9 KB · Views: 46
Last edited:
I couldn't pocket carry my G43.

Also, the G43 is longer than the P365.

Heck, I think the G42 is longer than the P365 too?

Cool non the less--if it works :)

Last edited:
I couldn't pocket carry my G43.

:p

Yeah I was not going to point out the pictures in the article USNRet93 posted where optically deceiving and all you had to do was read the dimensional data to see the G43X was larger than the P365.

That of course is not withstanding the 1/10th of inch width advantage of the G43...width being a key dimension in concealability.

For sure there are much better Pocket guns out there than the Ruger LCP. It is on the bottom end as far as quality. Cheap sights, no ability to add night sights, aluminum frame that will crack under pressure, and on and on. And certainly not the best shooting characteristics.

Pocket guns are more effective than most people on the internet give them credit for. In the right hands of someone that trains often they are extremely fast to the draw, capable of shooting to center mass up to and beyond 10 yards. And forget about all this need for extra magazines and ammo count. If you cannot hit your target first and with a few shots, then you are dead anyway.
Get a good quality 380. These Pocket guns do not hold up to aluminum. Get one with a steel sub-chassis, they Last. Train often and diligently. And you will have great protection for EDC.

Last edited:
For sure there are much better Pocket guns out there than the Ruger LCP. It is on the bottom end as far as quality. Cheap sights, no ability to add night sights, aluminum frame that will crack under pressure, and on and on. And certainly not the best shooting characteristics.

Pocket guns are more effective than most people on the internet give them credit for. In the right hands of someone that trains often they are extremely fast to the draw, capable of shooting to center mass up to and beyond 10 yards. And forget about all this need for extra magazines and ammo count. If you cannot hit your target first and with a few shots, then you are dead anyway.
Get a good quality 380. These Pocket guns do not hold up to aluminum. Get one with a steel sub-chassis, they Last. Train often and diligently. And you will have great protection for EDC.
Doesn't the LCP have a polymer frame? Had one, pretty sure it was 'plastic'..

Back