LCP vs P365 pics

wild cat mccane

I took a couple of pics of my counter. My LCP gen2 (had it hard chromed) and P365 happened to drop by for the occasion.

The size difference is huge or not much at all, depending on how you look at it :) I'm not sure the LCP is going away.

nJrNlm8h.jpg

QIxbBTHh.jpg

XyKwVfdh.jpg

My LCP won't be going away - I wear too many nylon basketball shorts with drawstrings for belts; BUT as I lose some weight, the 365 WILL become the gun of choice

Apples vs oranges; 9mm vs 380. Compare the P365 to the LC9s for an apples to apples evaluation.

I have a Kel-Tec 3AT which is virtually the same gun as the LCP,and yes, it has its place. I had a G43 which I liked, until I tried the LC9s which I shot a lot better. I let the G43 go, but am tempted to try the Sig. Someday maybe, but I've been pretty pleased with the Ruger for 1/2 the money

Able to engage multiple targets with multiple rounds, IE more than 2 targets and perform failure drills on each.

So its a capacity thing? And is that a double tap with enough reserve ammo for a head shot if need be? Multiple targets so that makes it a capacity argument for 6 rounds (5+1)?

I'm rather curious to the terminology so forgive me if I ask simplistic questions

And is that a double tap with enough reserve ammo for a head shot if need be?

Failure drill is a double tap to the chest followed by one to the head.

3 rounds over 3 targets = 9 rounds

So its a capacity thing?

Yes but it is also sights, trigger, and effective range.

The LCP is not in the same league as the P365 as a combat pistol. The LCP is designed for what is termed "the immediate threat" whereas the P365 is a combat pistol with excellent concealability. I can do everything that a full sized service pistol does with a P365. The same cannot be said for an LCP.

That does not mean there is not a place for the LCP or that is it is a bad design.

It is a different tool and the two are not directly comparable.

The LCP is a legitimate pocket gun while the other is a belt gun that guys try to make a pocket gun.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Even if you don't carry the LCP, you could stash it somewhere for emergency use. It might save your life one day.

The LCP is a legitimate pocket gun while the other is a belt gun that guys try to make a pocket gun.

I agree. I have a Kahr cm9 that I tried to make a pocket carry gun. It fits in my pocket but with the squared off slide it’s hard to draw. Now my lcp with an angled slide comes right out. I wear jeans so that doesn’t help either.

That is kind of my thoughts too and I would go one further that the LCP is at the edge of being a pocket gun. Its not "we could go a little bigger and still have a pocket gun".

That is kind of my thoughts too and I would go one further that the LCP is at the edge of being a pocket gun. Its not "we could go a little bigger and still have a pocket gun".

Exactly. I carried the P365 Pocket carry for a few days when I first got it. It fit. Without a holster, it could fall over and get wedged in the pocket and with a holster it worked ok.

The P365 shined at IWB strong side carry. I can wear a T-shirt, shorts, and flip-flops while carrying concealed comfortably.

FROM BACKUP FIREARMS FOR LAW ENFORCEMENT TO LICENSED CARRY FOR PERSONAL PROTECTION

https://ruger.com/products/lcp/models.html

The LCP is not a combat pistol. Its is a BACK UP weapon and a Defensive Weapon designed to dominate the immediate threat. It fulfills that design purpose well.

What is the immediate threat as Ruger engineers defined it? Stand up straight, extend one arm out straight, look down at your toes...

Any feet that you see in your peripheral vision and anyone you can touch with your arm is an immediate threat.

The design purpose of the P365 on the otherhand is:

The revolutionary new concealed carry pistol that gives you more capacity, more concealability and more capability.

https://www.sigsauer.com/products/firearms/pistols/p365/

The P365 is designed to be a combat pistol that is concealable. Out of the holster is designed to fill the capability of a full sized duty combat pistol.

These pistols have two very different design philosophies and are not really comparable.

Many people of think they know about the Pocket Pistols. Most refuse to call them a range gun. I only laugh at such ignorant comments. Spend time training with them and they can be fast and deadly to 10 yards or more. IMO they are faster than any of the bigger guns. And NO a Micro 9 is not a pocket gun, although I do love them. Have not seen one yet better than the Kahr. And the Nano is built about as tough as you can get.

Spend time training with them and they can be fast and deadly to 10 yards or more.

Certainly but there is a reason why the LCP was not submitted for the US Army recent service pistol competition and why not a single Police Department carries them for a duty weapon.

Neither my LCP!! or my P365 is going away. The LCP is a gun to have on you when you are going to places where you can't carry a gun.

Certainly but there is a reason why the LCP was not submitted for the US Army recent service pistol competition and why not a single Police Department carries them for a duty weapon.

While I don't doubt the P320 influenced the P365, the P365 wasn't submitted for the recent service pistol competition and I'm not aware of a police department that issues the P365 as the primary duty weapon (maybe for plain clothes officer or detectives). This isn't me saying there is no difference between the LCP and the P365, I believe there is.

Back