Korth Firearms?

Winchester 73,

I have previously admired the quality of your gun collection. I am impressed by the selection and knowledge that went into building up your collection, making it more than a mere accumulation of guns

Previously admired? Meaning you don't anymore? That's ok if you feel that way:o Or did you mean from seeing my posts from before? Thanks for the compliment, if that is what you meant.

I had shot Korth revolvers owned by affluent friends a long time ago and it took me over two decades to find mine and I found it for a laughable price. When I compare the quality of my 1969 Korth to the quality of the few registered Magnum that I had inspected and handled, there are still differences. The Korth has the trigger on a bearing, making the characteristics absolutely unique. The bluing is very wear resistent and the metal finish is flawless inside and out. I would give a slight advantage to my early Korth, over the registered Magnums. Unfortunately I do not call one my own and my love for K-frames will probably preclude me from that investment.

Interesting, although I am not surprised by your findings. The RM has the disadvantages of being the first 357 magnum (1935 vs 1969, in this example) and having manufacturing technology which was 34 years older, in this scenario. Of course, me and you both want one, as do many others, just because...because it was first, because its distinguishing to own in a collection, because its beautiful, because of the craftsmanship, the history, the investment aspect, and because its just cool, period.

We can change a few words of the light saber quote from Star Wars Episode IV to make it about the RM:

Not as clumsy or random as a semi (pistol)...an elegant weapon, from a more civilized age...

I actually meant that I have followed your posts for a while and noticed them previously. It was pretty late when I wrote it and I want to make it clear, that I continue to admire the research and care that you are putting into your collection. Brian (BAC1023) is also very methodical in his collection of firearms and is spending a lot of time to build a truly remarkable collection. I am just a shooter whose best competing days are over and who has an accumulation of guns and weapons.

Meant to say before, thanks for the pics. Dont know if I would have ever seen one otherwise. It is one great looking gun.

Back