Kimber Warranty

I bought my Kimber Solo second hand and out of warranty. When I had a problem with it, Kimber fixed it for free, including shipping both ways.

They were good to my store/shop that was handling things for me, according to the owner of the place. They charged him nothing for shipping and only the cost of the repairs and two parts and some polishing and test firing.

Thing is, it was not fixed. I was told that a "new break in period will be necessary." I'm a few hundred rounds into the new break in period, and the behavior of the gun remains: simple failure to feed. The slide has to be pounded forward with the heel of my non-firing hand.. about one round every two or three magazines. And yes, I've purchased four magazines for the thing, too.

I dealt with Kimber on the phone and found them evasive and almost idiotic. My shop/store guy says "they're better with smiths." Okay.

My Kimber Solo started doing this after about 200 rounds:

IMGP0031a_zpsdabd4949.jpg

Back to Kimber, repaired, returned to me. No problems since. No cost to me.

Now the subject changes to Kimber Solo so I can add an experience to that. I have two Kimber Ultras, you know the ones that wont go bang all the time. I have had zero problemos, however, the Solo that I had was a big nitemare and not the model. My Solo would stove pipe, FTF, etc almost every mag. Send it back to Kimber and they sent me a brand new Solo. I know because different serial#. Same thing with that one. I sent it back and the sent me another new one. I got it back, this is about three months into the issue and I did not have to desire to even test fire that one, but sold as is ...a new gun. I understand that the Solo is one they have yet to tame the issues with. I know someone is going to say, I have one with 10,000 rds down range without a studder, and I say wonderful. I just know no Solo for me. I use the Sig P938 for that need.

Back