Kimber Model 84m classic or Sako 85 hunter, in .260 rem.

**** i didn't know i could select walnut instead of french walnut, for the classic select grade. Whats the different between the classic select grade and the classic.

O well thats fine. K another question. I'm getting it from a store, i haven't held it. They're odering if from kimber. They said it would take 4-6 weeks. So im guessing their making it. If it's coming straight from kimber and being made then there should be no problems right?

Sounds normal. Kimber does not sell guns to distributors. Dealers get the guns straight from Kimber. If you want to check prices I'd call Jim Jordan. He's in Texas and one of the biggest Kimber dealers in the country. His prices are phenomenal. He's a nice guy too. He sometimes has stuff in stock since he's a big Kimber dealer.

well the price doesn't bother me, im getting it for 1,000$ which is a 114$ off. So it's not a issue. I think the scope im going with is a 4-16SF nikon monarch. Nikon to my eyes is just as good or near as good as Leupold. And that big a power Leupold would cost out the @ss. I had planned on a 3.5-10 50mm Leupold and it was 550$. This nikon is a 50mm and is a bigger power and is around 479-529.

You might find a 50 looks out of place on such a petite rifle. I went with a 3.5 x 10 x 40 Leupold VX III. It was plenty of scope for the gun. The problem with a large objective end scope on a small, light rifle is it makes the rifle feel tippy when shouldered IMO. It also adds bulk to a gun that was designed from the ground up to be.....not bulky. It's a free world but a 50mm does't really fit the gun.

Attachments

• Kimber840010-7-05 005 - Copy.jpg
    Kimber840010-7-05 005 - Copy.jpg
    199.1 KB · Views: 119
+ 1 on the 50mm lens

I put a 50mm on my first rifle. I've since seen the light. 50 mm lens requires high mounts, which for me causes a poor cheek weld unless you have an adjustable comb. It also slightly throws off standard trajectory tables which assume a standard mount, not a big deal since you should reality check the tables with your own set up. I also agree it throws off the balance of a light gun. Just my .02.

Ya i see what you mean. What about a 5-20SF 44mm Nikon monarch? My dad has a 50mm leupold vx-III 4.5-14x on his remington model 700 KC custom mountain edition and i love it, but i could also see how the kimber being 5lbs 5 ounces could be thrown off with a big diameter scope.

Back