Keystone State Roll Call!

Jamie Young

I'm short on time but things are in the works for another big event. 9mmMike and I are still planning on holding a shotgun only, gathering at some point this summer. For anyone that is interested in coming up for a sporting clays tournament let us know???

What is in the works:

I'm putting things in the works to possible close down my gun club for 2 days and have a National gathering. Lots of people over at THR expressed interest in coming if they knew it was going to be more than a one day event. Since its within 30-45 Minutes of 2 major airports it is a possibility. This most likely won't take place until September.

Fall in if you are interested in either event.

Everyone is welcome.

I might even be able to do a Mini Gun Show there and bring in some people that are dealers.

We did have Rohrbaugh last time. :D

How many of you are up to the shotgun thing?

I'd like to warm up with the Five Stand and then move on to the course.

9mmMike, is this going to be a pump action only?

Great! I suck less at 5-stand! :) And it'll be pump only for me, because that's all I have.

Do you guys have a date in mind? I'm busy some weekends with gun shows.

Checking in, SodaPop.

Shotgun get-together sounds great. The clays course at W&W is a lot of fun.

First time I did it I wasn't planning to: my brother and I drove up to shoot rifles and pistols, only to find out that annual police rifle qualifications were taking place that day. We were shut out of those ranges, and were getting ready to leave when the lady behind the counter mentioned the clays course was open. Our trigger fingers were itching, so we did the course with our HD shotguns and several boxes of trap/skeet loads we had with us. Got some odd looks from the over-under crowd, but we were busting better than 1 out of 3 with an M1S90 (18.5" with GR sights) and an 870P (20" with rifle sights). My brother caught the "sporting clays bug" that day, talked about it for months afterward. And got longer barrels with bead sights for next time:D

Pump or semi, I'm easy. If we do a pumpgun thing, we should ask permission for a three-shot rule. The last time we tried that, the cranky old dude had a fit. :barf:
Both the June Saturdays (God Bless You) are good for me.
Anyone heard from Geoff?
Mike

Mini gun show!!!

All our shoots end up as mini gun shows. I have seen more stuff at our shoots than in most gun shows.

Keep up mhe wisecracks and I will bring my 28 ga and make you all look bad.

Last edited:
Found it once Jamie .... guess I can find it again! :D

September sounds like it could work .... and I am a bit of shottie so ... in for a try! Have to see nearer the time and it's a long haul but .. it'd be good to see you guys again. So - all being well I'll be up for it.

Oh and .... I'll be conventional ..... O/U 12G ... no frills except interchangeable chokes!! :p

Well I'd be willing to give clays a try(again). The only time I ever tried I think I nicked one of them out of about 5.

I'm definitely in for another PA (whatever forum) shoot. I've got some new toys including a .500 S&W. I'm hoping to have a 6.5 Grendel upper for one of the AR's soon as well. Of course I'll bring the Coonan and the Beowulf again.

Back