Just put a NAA 22 Revolver on layway

I have the side winder combo cylinder, great little gun, fun to shoot, carry it every day with 22 mag.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My sons got me a rosewood grip model in .22 lr for Father's Day a few years back. I've been very impressed with the build quality. The thing is a blast to plink with. It took some practice to get consistent accuracy, but ammo is cheap and we all actually found the challenge to be part of the fun. It is going to mainly be an heirloom gun with sentimental value for me, but I'm sure it could be pressed into use for self-defense if needed. Any gun beats no gun every day of the week.

The NAA in .22mag is primary carry for myself and my wife. She has had to deploy hers and it proved quite effective.

Did she actually have to short someone with it? How’d that work out? I’ve had a lot of people on another forum I sometimes go to that pretty much made it sound like you’d just be better off with hand to hand combat instead of with one of these little Pug 22-mags.

I realize it’s not something I’d wanna use to take down an active shooter with but by nelly, if someone was within arms reach of me, I sure as hell wouldn’t wanna get shot by it. It maybe losing about a third of its velocity because the barrel on mine anyways is only an inch long but when I first got this little pistol, from about 5 feet away, I buried a regular target round just a little over halfway into a non-rotted 4x4 pressure-treated post.

It may not be the ideal primary self-defense pistol because it’s limited to five rounds and it takes forever to reload but I would bet it would stop someone.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

2b87bdba9a62d44cbfee4c75d135f7b0.plist
fafcc0d67c3823022e6a5cfbd54563e9.jpg

These are my carry guns. Top one is for the winter /spring and the bottom one for the fall and summer.

As much as I like my Bond Arms 357 Magnum 2 Round Derringer, it’s just that, 2 rounds. It’s single action only. It’s fun to shoot. Better than a stick. Trigger is about 8 lbs. however, it’s almost as big as my Sig Sauer P365 and S&W 640 357 Magnum 5 Shot. Max recommended distance is 7 yards. It’s super fun to shoot. You can actually aim for the top barrel. It’s a bit lower when it is coming out of the bottom barrel. I used 38 Special,38 +P and 357 Magnum. The weight is about 21 ounces, and it has a decent sized grip.

I have two North American Arms revolvers, both in 22 WMR/Magnum. One is a sidewinder and the other is the usual barrel removable type.

The sidewinder is tough to remove the empties because they expand.

I use the cylinder pin to remove the empties from the other.

I don’t bother aiming when I shoot these. I pretty much point shoot them out to 7 yards. It’s doable out to 10 yards.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Won't be able to pick it up till Dec 20 but its worth waiting for!:)
Screen-Shot-2019-09-22-at-10-24-37-AM.jpg
Reading the manual for my NAA 22LR and found this weird warning

WARNING: Do not use any PMC 22 caliber ammunition (Magnum and/or Long Rifle) inany model of NAA revolvers which may cause a double-discharge (two roundssimultaneously discharging, one aligned in the barrel and the other out of the battery-cylinder)

I never heard of a modern cartridge causing a chain fire

Gary

I have owned a few NAA mini revolvers over the years, and currently still have four. I find them fun to shoot, and accurate out to a fair distance with practice. Have fired many thousands of rounds through some of them. One, a 22lr, at least five thousand rounds and it is still as tight as new. That one has been cleaned and polished so much that it looks like a nickle finish. I understand that there has been a problem with mainspring breakage, and for that reason have discontinued using one for self defense carry.

I bought one of those a few years back. It's a cool little gun. Well designed and well made.

Very difficult to shoot with any accuracy though. I won't carry it, but I like it. It's definitely a unique little gun.

The trigger is meh! It’s best to lubricate it to make it smoother.

I hold it so the barrel is in line with my index finger... then I point it like I would my finger. I don’t bother aiming since it doesn’t seem to work for me, either.

However, I have been able to connect with a body shot at 10 yards. A head shot at 7 yards. It’s more accurate if You do it like that.

I have put at least a thousand rounds through my first one, and about 700 rounds through my 2.5” sidewinder. The longer barrel is definitely more accurate.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Back