Just put a NAA 22 Revolver on layway

Thanks. I am seriously thinking about ordering a Ranger II or just waiting awhile till one shows up at a gun shop. Haven't decided. Mine will not be a collector gun, but I doubt I will shoot it a lot after I get the hang of hitting stuff at about 5 yards. Do you think it worth the extra $ to get the two cylinder model? Probably will mostly shoot it in 22 mag. Still thinking about options actually.

Thanks. I am seriously thinking about ordering a Ranger II or just waiting awhile till one shows up at a gun shop. Haven't decided. Mine will not be a collector gun, but I doubt I will shoot it a lot after I get the hang of hitting stuff at about 5 yards. Do you think it worth the extra $ to get the two cylinder model? Probably will mostly shoot it in 22 mag. Still thinking about options actually.

The extra cylinder is nice to shoot cheaper .22's. For just carry you may just want the magnum.

Note, if you don't buy both at first and want one later, I think you will have to send the gun back so they can fit it.

That's good info. Thank you. It is a gun I might carry.

Definitely leaning toward the top break model (even though it's more expensive) especially with the ability to use speed loaders.

Everyone should have one- just because.
But the Magnum guns are getting into Keltec P32 territory as far as size and weight for carry.

But the Magnum guns are getting into Keltec P32 territory as far as size and weight for carry.
I have the NAA Mini with the 1 1/8" barrel, both 22LR and 22 Magnum cylinders (same size as pictured in the OP). It is still considerably smaller than my Keltec P32.

NAA does have some larger guns, but the small ones are really tiny.

Dang it, every time I tamp down my urge for one of those, y'all bring them back up and post pretty pictures. I know I don't need one, but there is just something sharp about 'em.

Do you guys cock those with one hand?

I've never held one, but it looks like it would be awkward.
I only shot mine one-handed, and thats how I cock it. Its pretty quick and natural.

One thing that I find is a big help with them, is the Houge slip-on grip they offer. My PUG, which was my first, came with one, and Ive since replaced what came on the other two with them. You get a good, "one finger" hold with it, that puts the gun in just the right spot in your palm for shooting and cocking it.
Its only slightly larger than the wood or other panels, and much easier to get and keep a hold of.

As much as I resisted getting one of these in the past, I now agree with Bill and for the same reason, "just because", and you really should get one, if not only just to have it. They really are a quality little gun.

While I have been slipping one in my pocket in a Desantis pocket holster, behind and off to the side of my wallet, I have no illusions as to what they really are, and still consider them a third line, last-ditch, "close contact" gun.

I cant imagine this actually being someones choice for a primary gun though.

.....I cant imagine this actually being someones choice for a primary gun though.
Primary.... if you usually carry no gun, it is not a bad option. People on the gun forums are obsessed with handgun carry for self defense. I am looking at one of the NAA's as another option as I have a couple other carry guns that are practical.

I tried several different grips on my 22mag 1 5/8" barrel NAA & the only one that consistently allowed me to get a decent group was the folding pocket holster in this photo. I like to use a two handed hold cocking with my left thumb & shooting with my right index finger-very easy to empty 5 shots quickly & on target. They have their place.
Y3QAibVl.jpg

I got the 22-mag Pug. Came with a laser grip but found that the grip it came with was just too small and made it too hard to hold onto so I went to NAA’s website and got the longer wooden grips that make it look like a miniature SW Model 29....lol. I can shoot it much better this way. I was carrying it as primary pocket carry for awhile in the DeSantis pocket holster it came with but since it’s just too complicated to reload, I don’t carry it much anymore. I’ve thought about seeing if anyone makes an ankle holster for it to use as a backup pistol. Hell, I could just carry it in the thigh pocket of my cargo pants as well.
98c788a4d3f7ad129afd7ec78c4c95ea.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Last edited:
Even if you don't like to carry them for self defense they are still fun to own and shoot.

g8cNaLI.jpg

IU3xnrU.jpg

Dang, I like that!!! But where did you get the speed loader? My little Pug is a pain in the arse enough just because you have to literally remove the cylinder from the frame but a speed loader would sure cut unloading in half.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I would rather have that top break 22 mag than any derringer. Thats a nice gun. I really need to get one just to have one.

Many years ago in Granbury Tx not far from me an old man sitting in his recliner was the victim of a home invasion by a couple of teenage punk kids who thought he would be easy to rob. What they didn't count on was that he had one of these in his pocket when they kicked in his door.

He shot one of them 3 times and the other one twice. Both lived but both left his property in the back of an ambulance. He stated he "would have shot them more if he had of had more bullets". You go gramps.;)

One of my guns came with the holster grip. As goofy as they look, they do feel good in the hand. Kind of defeats the purpose of a "little gun" though.

One of my other guns came with the cowboy SAA type grip, and a cylinder with some sort of scroll engraving on it, as well as a plain cylinder and a pair of pearlite type grips. Same thing, the bigger grips kind of defeats the purpose, or at least for me.

I put the plain cylinder in the gun and the grips and other cylinder are going up on eBay with the holster grip and some other stuff I got with other guns Ive picked up over the past year.

I guess theres a big collector market for these guns, especially considering some of their other offerings and the questionable usefulness of some of them.

Im thinking the smaller 22mag versions are the most realistic "sweet spot" for them.

I havent bought one of the belt buckles yet, but dont think I didnt look at them. :D

Yea, I am from "that era", and did have the Matty Mattel derringer version that went along with my "greenie stick'm cap" six-shooters.

He stated he "would have shot them more if he had of had more bullets". You go gramps.;)
And thats why I carry a Glock 17 as a primary gun. ;)

If Im carrying one of the NAA's, and get to the point I need it, Im not doing too well. :)

Back