Just put a NAA 22 Revolver on layway

GaryED50

Won't be able to pick it up till Dec 20 but its worth waiting for!:)
Screen-Shot-2019-09-22-at-10-24-37-AM.jpg

I bought one of those a few years back. It's a cool little gun. Well designed and well made.

Very difficult to shoot with any accuracy though. I won't carry it, but I like it. It's definitely a unique little gun.

Great little guns. Loads of fun, but they do take a lot of learning to get anywhere close to minute of pie plat accuracy beyond 10'
Mine is the miniest of the minis. The 22 short model. I do want to add a couple more. A Long Rifle model, and a 22 WMR.

Had one of these before but was forced to sell when I had a bad money crunch 2015-2016. Now I'm finally able to get one again!

I've had one of the little .22LR models for many years (yet still new enough to incorporate the offset hammer nose cylinder safety notches). Fun little .22 plinker, and I also sometimes use it as an "Onion Field" type weapon.

I eventually bought a 1 1/8" .22MAG version, and then later ordered a Black Widow 2" with both LR & MAG cylinders. The BW, having actual sights, demonstrated itself to be a surprisingly accurate little mini revolver. The best practical accuracy using the BW I've observed (thus far) was when using the LR cylinder and CCI Stingers. Using the MAG cylinder I noticed nicely tight groups with 3 different types of MAG loads, but the POI was just a bit higher than the POA (at 10yds).

Fun little .22 revolvers.

I fought getting one of these for years. Picked up three now in the past 6 months. :)

They are well made and with a little practice, surprisingly accurate, especially considering what they are.

All of mine are the 22 mag version.

After being told by a number of people now, that you couldnt hit the broad side of the barn, from the inside with one, nor could they be shot quickly, I shot these to show them must not have been trying to hard. :D

Both of these were shot starting with the gun at my side and bringing it up to eye level and shooting one-handed, as quickly as I could thumb them off (Im going to say around 3 seconds or so), until the gun was empty. Both were shot at 5 yards.

enhance

enhance

They do OK. Even on the outside of the barn. :D

They are fine little revolvers, fun to shoot and there is no reason why you cant at least carry one of these. I put stag grips on mine.

I have often considered one, well just because. It is something that I don't have. Thanks , now you have me considering again ;)

Black widow

I have the black widow with both 22LR and 22mag cylinders. The BW comes with a pretty big grip that makes it easier to achieve some accuracy, but it looks so much better with the rosewood grips. It's mostly a range toy for me, but I've slipped it in my pocket once or twice. I initially had some cylinder trouble, sent it in in and the turn around time was less than a week. Has worked perfectly since then.

Life is good.

Prof Young

They're not as bad as people think, but there are days where I can shoot it at 10 yards and hit an 8 inch steel plate 4/5 times and days where I can't hit it at all. There are different techniques you can try to see what works best for you, one of the ways I'll shoot them are I'll do a two hand grip and use both my index fingers to pull the trigger.

I think a lot of the accuracy issues have to do with the sights and the laser grips they make for these NAA's would work wonders.

Got me one, too. It's a well crafted work of art, IMO. I've probably shot a few hundred rounds out of mine. Had to replace the mainspring 'cause it started getting light strikes.

They're not as bad as people think, but there are days where I can shoot it at 10 yards and hit an 8 inch steel plate 4/5 times and days where I can't hit it at all. There are different techniques you can try to see what works best for you, one of the ways I'll shoot them are I'll do a two hand grip and use both my index fingers to pull the trigger.

I think a lot of the accuracy issues have to do with the sights and the laser grips they make for these NAA's would work wonders.
I have a PUG, that has XS Big Dots on it, and thats about the closest of the three I have, that has a sight alignment. And even then, its kind of a guess. Ive never really been a fan of the big dots anyway.

With the guns with the blade front sight, its deceiving as to the alignment, and I do better using the front sight simply for horizontal alignment, and use the flat of the top of the frame as a vertical reference. I do have bright orange nail polish on the front blades, just so I can see them better.

I seem to do the best shooting mine one handed at arms length, just brought up to eye level and shoot.

I have a couple of them. One is my “always” gun. The first thing to go in my pocket every morning, no matter what else I’mcarrying that day. The other stays on a shelf in my living room, loaded with CCI snake shot, ready for that rattlesnake I know I am going to see in the yard every summer.

Both are magnums.

Just put a NAA 22 Revolver on layway
I haven't checked in about 20 years - but - at one time, it was possible to buy each and every different model, in every caliber & configuration, the NAA made.

You didn't have to be a Jillionaire or anything to do it.

IIRC, it would have only set you back about $5k.

A NAA in .22 mag is on my Spring list of wants.

Even if you don't like to carry them for self defense they are still fun to own and shoot.

g8cNaLI.jpg

IU3xnrU.jpg

Please tell me about your experience and impressions of the Ranger II top break model. I am considering buying either the Sidewinder or top break model and would love to hear your thoughts. Is the cylinder release on the top break easy to operate or do you have to fiddle with it?

Please tell me about your experience and impressions of the Ranger II top break model. I am considering buying either the Sidewinder or top break model and would love to hear your thoughts. Is the cylinder release on the top break easy to operate or do you have to fiddle with it?

To be honest I haven't shot it that much (collector gun), It is an early bird model "EB" serial # prefix. I do know that mine has the early short front sight that makes it shoot high, I think they now have a taller front sight on new models. I haven't bothered to send it back to have the sight replaced.

The latch release works very well and easy to open, when you pull the barrel all the way down the empty shells are lifted out.

The fit and finish is amazing and the top break is the best if you want to use speed loaders, the sidewinder model won't work with speed loaders. I have heard some sidewinder owners have modified the swing arm frame opening to provide more swing so speed loaders clear the grip, but that's up to the owner.

Use common sense when cocking the hammer, don't wrap your thumb way over the hammer or you might release the cylinder latch. There was a video of a guy doing hot dog rapid fire with the Ranger II and he would sometimes release the cylinder by accident, he said it was a fatal design flaw, I think it was operator error.

XlfdY7x.jpg

Back