Just howDoes RUGER hold No.1 CS?

I didn't question Henry's CS or support. I did say that the warranty you quoted had loopholes big enough to drive an M1A1 through. A company can have a worthless written warranty or none at all, and still give excellent CS. The basic problem is that if a company gives out a "we fix anything, always, no questions" warranty they end up repairing guns or handing out new ones for free when the customer obviously was at fault, and they can only do that so often before it impacts the bottom line.

Jim

I didn't question Henry's CS or support. I did say that the warranty you quoted had loopholes big enough to drive an M1A1 through. A company can have a worthless written warranty or none at all, and still give excellent CS. The basic problem is that if a company gives out a "we fix anything, always, no questions" warranty they end up repairing guns or handing out new ones for free when the customer obviously was at fault, and they can only do that so often before it impacts the bottom line.

Jim

I've never seen a warranty on any product that didn't have more loopholes than the Henry Warranty. Have you ever seen a warranty on anything that did not exclude abuse and wear & tear?

A written warranty is more limiting than the Ruger lack of a warranty because Ruger is subject to an implied warranty. "Implied Warranty. A promise, arising by operation of law, that something that is sold will be merchantable and fit for the purpose for which it is sold."

I currently have two Ruger pistols, LC9 (with crimson trace laser grip) and SP101. I hope to get two more. Strike that, make it four: GP100, Blackhawk. 45ACP, LC9s, and 9e. Haven't had to use their CS, but I REALLY like their guns.

I've never seen a warranty on any product that didn't have more loopholes than the Henry Warranty. Have you ever seen a warranty on anything that did not exclude abuse and wear & tear?

Yep, LL Bean, RCBS and a few others.....

My Ruger warranty experience was superlative.
Years ago, I bought a well used Stainless Security Six 357mag at a gun show. It had no box, and showed surface wear. It was pretty cheap.
It wasn't until I took it to the range that I noticed the front sight was tilted...the barrel wasn't indexed properly.
I called Ruger, and they said send it in.
Now, I expected to pay to have it fixed...
It showed up a week later with a new barrel installed, and the entire gun refinished to like new appearance, and shipped to me in a brand new box...
No charge.

Several years ago my father passed and my brothers and I inherited his gun collection. (We took turns picking). One of the guns one of my brothers got was a broken Ruger Blackhawk 357, no box or papers. After reading on these forums about Ruger's CS, I told my brother to call them. They sent him a shipping label, and within a couple weeks he had a like new Blackhawk returned. No charge.

That's how they hold No. 1 CS.

The LC9s trigger should be the standard that other subcompact (or micro) 9s are compared to.
Agreed.

Ruger's basic MO seems to be to make something a little dubious (say, the LC9), listen to people gripe about it, and then make something way better (the LC9s) based on the complaints. They did the same thing with the Gunsite Scout (going from the laminate models to the new synthetic ones). This strikes me as a more than adequate way to do business, but I won't be buying their first try at anything.

I have an SP101 that I wasnt happy with the lock up when I bought it, sent it in and had it back about a week later and the problem was 100% solved and they sent me a target with a 1/2" group at 7 yards...... :eek:

Back