Just another wheelgun picture thread...

caught that sly dig on rubber grips

I was just going to point out that the 610 in CastleBravo's picture has black stuff....."

Unfortunately the Hogue grips-by-firestone actually help my shooting. I left them on the mountain gun until the "treatment" and they are still on my 617.
Share the sentiment though.

Mec,

That's a great looking Mountain Gun! How much does engraving like that cost? And, what type of grip is on the Mountain revolver? Thanks for the pics.

you have to really want engraving like that

the cost is rather high-or was. This was done at the very end of the Smith and Wesson Engraving shop era and was actually performed by John K. Pease(scroll-work) and Wayne Di'Angelo (sideplate.) I wouldn't be surprised if you could get a better price than I did by going direct to the engravers. Pease has done overload work for Smith for a long time and is in business on his own. Di'Angelo was with the custom Engraving Shop and is now on his own. Particulars are posted at http://www.milesfortis.com/guests/mcump/mc05.htm although the e-mail address for Di'Angelo seems to have gone bye-bye.

AGGGGHHHHHHHHH

I CAN'T STAND IT ANYMORE!!!

I have to have a big bore snubbie!!

Friend of mine has a round butt 29 S&W with a two inch barrel he said he wants to sell. It's cherry, just needs some kingwood grips and a set of Magnaports.

AAAAGGGGHHH

Whip me, beat me, make me write bad checks.

LOL

:eek:

mec-very cool roundguns and beautiful photos of them.

Tamara-how is that 296 to shoot? It looks like it'd rattle your teeth, but I've been thinking about looking for one (and-*****they're on the California "safe gun" list***** :barf: )

Well, these aren't actually photos that I took of my guns, but here they are nevertheless...

Attachments

• super redhawk.jpg.gif
    super redhawk.jpg.gif
    14.7 KB · Views: 156
This is the kind of stuff that keeps me in debt. But heck a fellow needs some kind of reason to get up and go to work every day.

pc629_med.jpg

Is it too late to post mine?

My first revolver, my first handgun, my first firearm - & I still have it!

fdf2f392.jpg

Hey TAMARA - no knife in this pic!! :)

There are a lot of really nice guns posted here. Don't want to single any of them out because I'd likely miss a few good ones.

However, here's something I didn't think I'd end up posting on these boards.

MEC, nice pipe. What kind is it? I'm a bit of a pipe smoker myself. I got into blending my own tobaccos about 2 years ago.

Pipes and Cigars

well I thought I was the only one in the world ( or at least Vegas ) who had a love affair with the big bore snubbies!
I was calling around trying to find a snub 686 to carry concealed.
Most places acted like I was totally nuts .
Asking me like : Why would you want to carry an L frame snub ?
TO which I answered because I do . One place even tried to talk me out of it saying I would never carry it so I should get a J frame instead . After informing him that I have a J frame now and do not like shooting it , I want big frame .
He went on and on about how most people carry a small gun ..blah blah blah.....I informed him I have been carry a stell frame officers 45 for 4 years now...24 /7 . and the weight never bothers me at all. He said bullsh** !!
So i showed him the safariland belt I was wearing as well as my Alessi holster ( empty as I left the 45 in the car )...I guess he then realized I was serious .
2 other shops in town here gave me the same response...I mean I had the cash and want an L frame...just get me the darn gun and send me on my way !!

I saw someone had a pict posted of what looked like the titanium S & W 7 shot 38+P ,perhaps a 242 ?? I will find me a 686 snub.
Glad to see I am not alone in my sickness...thanks !!

MEC, nice pipe. What kind is it? ......

The cartouche is worn off the bottom, so I'm not really sure. It's not an expensive one but is into the area of good briar. I have another which is a totally colored meershaum. Not into collecting them anymore but did have several at one time.

Back