Jimmy Carter on gun control - I am ashamed...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Assault rifle debate?

First of all, I don't use the term "assault Rifle" anymore. It seems to have a negative effect when talking to folks that don't really understand our reasoning or desire to own and/or shoot them. They are not fully automatic as most of these dummies think.
Also, the reason there is so much debate and discussion about these type of guns can be blamed on liberals who are trying to get rid of them. This usually makes other folks go out and buy them, (if they think they will no longer be able to purchase these weapons). Same for ammo, etc.
It is my right to own a semi automatic rifle and sure as hell isn't anyone else's business if I do (in my opinion). I am a law abiding citizen and have never been arrested, etc. I just like to own different guns and my AR15 just happens to be one of my "new" favorites. I do believe that (as we speak) our present Congress is trying to get rid of these type of guns.
What's next after the elimination of semi automatic rifles? Automatic pistols?

USAFNoDak said:
Then they will have to ban any semiautomatic rifle that takes a detachable magazine. That's all the mini-14 really is. It's a .223 rifle which accepts a detachable magazine.

Either that or ban the higher capacity magazines but I think that any rifle that can fire a whole lot (more than 10) rounds in a real fast (semi-automatic )fashion will be in danger. I think they can make a case with the public that nobody "needs" to have that type of firearm.

My hope is that since so many own them now that will be harder to do; that is to paint them as a "fringe" weapon.

I'm afraid that the lock comes now. We have strayed very far from the OP.

Anyone is more than welcome to discuss the legal steps towards another AWB, or the legal steps to thwart another AWB.

For now, this one is closed for going off topic.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back