Is your gun collection larger than this guy's?

TXAZ

Coastguard720.jpg

Just wondering if you'd classify this as a small, large or medium cache of weapons.

Considering that three of the rifles and possibly some of the pistols are .22's, 1500 rounds of ammo isn't that much.

As the old joke goes, 1500 rounds of ammo is an afternoons plinking in most areas where shooters live.

And in any case, who thinks that any gun control laws are going to have any effect on a Lieutenant in the US military, who are considered to be automatically trustworthy.

I would classify the 6 pistols and 8 rifles as a small to medium collection, but his ammo count is way too small. Almost missed that one long gun at the bottom.

I just read the article about the guy this collection is attached to. The hate in his heart is far more deadly than everything in this picture combined.

Makes for an impressive picture ---- for the "uneducated". But not really much of a collection. .22's and a couple of shot guns. The .308 is all that looks "deadly" at a distance. And, a 49 year old lieutenant in the floating branch of Homeland Security? he's getting a little long in the tooth for active service.?

I would classify the gun collection as small. The superfluous ammo, mags, web belts, body armor, tac vests etc...etc...do nothing to make that gun collection any bigger.

So what’s the deal with this guy? The collection looks like it has been booked in as evidence.

Last edited:
That photo was shown with a headline about "white supremacist foiled", I have not read the article.

I see 3 .22RF, 4 centerfire rifles, 6 handguns, about 4 mags per semi, a couple shotgun barrels and a few other accessories and some ammo.

I don't consider it a large collection.

Certainly not what I would consider the result of a multi year gun buying spree like the article I read called it :)..

Small - and even for what he did have there, very few magazines. I almost wonder if they just found his leftover junk.

The story is fishy, doesn't explain why they were arresting him for drugs and an illegal gun in the first place - a CG officer would be allowed to have about any gun in any manner, anywhere in the US, to my knowledge anyway. Seems like some important details are being held back (like maybe they knew what he was up to via a source that can not be named then arrested him for the drugs & gun to establish probable cause or warrant for further search).

Is your gun collection larger than this guy's?
Well, yeah! 13 guns? That's not a collection! I've got that many handguns! I've got that many shotguns! I've got more rifles than that! I have that many 22s!

Definitely small. Looks like a single shot rifle in there, some .22, and given that, I am wondering if one or more black rifle is not a .22 or airsoft. Piddling amount of mags and ammo. I have more than that for just one of my least used pistols. That looks more like an Uncle Jim Bob out in the country type of collection, not a terrorist, and certainly not a serious gun enthusiast let alone a collector (who would have at least 20 variations on a single model of a gun). The ammo is barely enough for one family afternoon of range fun. I have around 20 handguns, 30 long guns, couple of hundred mags, and a few tens of thousand rounds of ammo and consider mine a small-medium “collection.” If you have ever seen a serious gun nut or real collector then you are talking at least medium to large.

Only takes one !!!

The hate in his heart is far more deadly than everything in this picture combined.
Agree!!! :)

Don't fear the person with a large number of firearms. Fear the person that is deadly accurate with one. …… ;)

Be Safe !!!

That's not much of a collection! Shoot I'm down to 20 firearms these days and I don't think that's really a lot as a collection!

Back